PDA

View Full Version : Orange ruffy

tormentor
09-03-2007, 06:37 PM
PLEASE!!! I just want to know the best way to cook it. We bought some yesterday and I haven't a clue.:-/

sleepygreg
11-03-2007, 01:52 AM
it is a white flesh, fine texture, doesnt have a 'fishy' taste. I find it is perfect for poaching or steaming asian style. get one of those cheap bamboo steamers from your local asian grocer - then on a china plate (that will fit inside the steamer) put a splash of soy sauce, a splash of mirin, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, a little sprinkle of palm sugar(brown sugar will do - but prefer palm) - swirl em around then put the fish fillets on the plate. sprinkle a bit of chopped coriander over the fish then put it in the steamer for ten minutes. serve it on a bed of rice with some stir fried asian veges.....and a nice crisp semillion blanc...........and heaven will be invitin you to do the catering!

Greg

Noelm
12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
are you sure it is an Orange Roughy and not one of those crappy Orangy looking things you get drop lining out on the shelf for Blue eye and stuff?? they are also mistakenly called Ocean Perch.

tormentor
13-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Thank you so much Greg for your delicious recipe. I will follow it right down to the suggested wine and let you know the result!! Margaret:D

tormentor
13-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your reply. No I am not sure it is Orange Roughy. I can only go by what it said on the tray in the supermarket!! I will follow the recipe given to me by Greg and I'm sure whatever it is it will be delicious!!::) Margaret

tormentor
13-03-2007, 10:46 AM
In spite of my age Greg I'm not ready to do the catering in Heaven yet!! Margaret8-)

sleepygreg
14-03-2007, 01:10 AM
I didnt mean to imply that Margaret - lol - but please let me know what you think of the recipe when you have made it up. I like it but others may not.

Greg