PDA

View Full Version : Cable steering / outboard

Magneto
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
When disconnected from the motor the wheel is very easy to turn meaning the cable and steering section would seem to be ok.
So perhaps i have some wear and tear at the tilt tube section.
Any suggestions from anyone who has had similar trouble, I would automaticlly replace the whole lot but thought I would ask you all what you thought first.
I appreciate any help given.. Cheers

Noelm
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
does the motor move freely with cable disconnected?? tell us that before we proceed with anything

fishplukka
08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
id pull the rod out clean oil grease put back to gether ! also check grease points on outboard ! if you have to many bends in steering cable that does not help when under pressure !good luck
fishplukka

Kerry
08-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Ever tried the SEARCH function :)

Magneto
10-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the input, but Terry's right this subject has probably been up hundreds of times so I ll do a bit of searching.Thanks for your help.and thanks for reminding me . Cheers

Magneto
10-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the input, but Kerry's right this subject has probably been up hundreds of times so I ll do a bit of searching.Thanks for your help.and thanks for reminding me . Cheers

ryank
11-03-2007, 03:16 PM
try cleaning the tube out and spraying crc in it even get the long roles of sand papper and clean it out that way. it usually gets like that from old grease build up.

good luck.