PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering????

vb4me
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Hope this is in the right place.
But I have an Abu combo. 5500 c3 on an Abu 6500 baitcast rod. Unfortunately when I was just a little younger:D I left the rod in the garage next to a bloody window.oops:-[. Too much tension on the line and the result is I have an overhead rod with a tip that points up. Just wondering if I get a hair dryer onto the tip is there any chance of straightening the rod or is it buggered??? Was a really nice combo and would hate to have to chuck the rod but casting is a right bugger. Any tips please???:)

zealot
07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
lean it up agaist the wall in the corner for a few weeks and see if comes back .
leave the hair dryer in the bath room where it belongs !

Noelm
08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
unless it is extreme and unusable, a 'set" in the rod will not harm it in any way as far as use goes, I have a rod I got very cheap because it had bend about a foot from the tip, still use it some 15years later with no ill affects (except it looks odd)

vb4me
08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanx guys. I tried the leaning in the corner bit not long after I realised so i figured it was the heat of the sun that set the rod that way. Really only concerned about the casting accuracy. ;D

cammac
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Give it a go!