PDA

View Full Version : Sandgate Foreshore Death

kingtin
07-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Further to another thread enquiring about fishing at Sandgate Pier. As I have stated before, my experiences there have led me to believe that it is an unsafe venue in late evening/night/early morning and I no longer fish it. This may or may not substantiate how I feel about the place.........if you're going, take a mate.

Courtesy of Bayside Star(abbrev):

The local foreshore was a suspected crime scene for the suspicious death of a 28yr old nepalese man whose body was found floating in the water off Flinders parade.

The man had obvious facial and head injuries and the man's death had occured overnight or in the early morning of Feb 28

Blood was found on Sandgate Pier and police were treating the location as a possible crime scene.

Police are seeking information in relation to a 2 metre fibreglass dinghy which was found washed up on the foreshore of Brighton on march 1. At time of press, it is unknown if the dinghy was related to the incident.

Silent
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for warn and sometime I felt not safe when I was alone fishing on this pier in many years ago and seen some drunk people pays a visit there.

Cammy
07-03-2007, 03:14 PM
me and my buddy fish there alot but we wont go as often now , and plus u never catch anything decent. only sharks

cam;)

gone_fishing
07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
dosnt really mater were you fish even though this is a distrubing incident
its a good idea to take a mate if its going to be dark have seen some seriously stressful incidents at breakwalls at night from other fisherman let along hurting yourself or dealing with some opurtonist group of druck or unsocial knobs
i take my dog somtimes keeps poeple at arms length

Louis
09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I remember going fishing as a kid with my old man in the late hours of the night at some remote locations.

I don't think I would be willing to go fishing in these locations of a night time these days.

It is a dam shame.

I know it isn't much of a defence. But it doesn't hurt to take your mobile phone with you and if you see trouble starting to brew or if you feel that you may be the intended victim of some group of roving thugs you at least can ring the police.

Louis

Deiter
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Just give the hoods a quick reminder that fisherman always carry a knife...:-X
Never needed to, but wouldn't hesitate if the need arose.

longtail
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
This is in the news in my area at the moment as the deceased is a local resident . Last fridays local paper said he was last seen alive in shailer park several days before he was found at Brighton. He was a Nepalese refugee living in woodridge , local police are trying to trace his movements in his last few days . Don't think he was fishing at sangate pier though from what i've heard . We may never know the real story .

Jason.