PDA

View Full Version : Rain in NT

iank
07-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Here is a link showing the amount of water around Kakadu at the moment, the rivers in the park should fire up for some great runoff fishing in the weeks ahead.
http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/pix/kakadu.pdf (http://www.fishfinderbooks.com/pix/kakadu.pdf)
Cheers Ian

roydsy
07-03-2007, 08:53 AM
lucky buggers, I will definately have to get up there some time.

BR65
07-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the link Ian, I am heading up for some run off fishing at the end of the month.
CANT WAIT
cheers
Brian

robersl
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Brian
Where And When Are You Going I Head Up On The 29 March Staying In Darwin For 4 Nights Doing A Bluewater Charter On The Sunday 1 April Then We Head To Kakadu On The 2nd April For 5 Days And Launch At That Ramp That Is Currently Under Water Should Be A Good Trip With That Much Water Around We Are Staying At The ###### Kakdu Resort Near The Banyan Tree In The Photo's I Am Going With River And Reef Again

Shane

BR65
08-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Gday Shane, I am flying into Darwin on the 30th of this month for a four day trip with Anglers Choice, stayinig on a mother ship anchored up in the Mary River, two 6 meter tinnys tied up behind, 8 on the trip with a couple of guides to do the hard stuff. happy days.
Apparently Mick from A.C. knows his stuff, so am hopefull of getting into some big salty barra when up there.
Looks like we are up there around the same time, just in differant spots mate, will be looking forward to seeing some piccys from your end, hopefully I will have a couple to post up

cheers
Brian

robersl
08-03-2007, 08:59 PM
good luck brian i might try the mother ship option next time however we shoot to the mouth of the sth alligator witch is 9o km from the ramp in an hour and a bit and at least we can get off the boat if need be at the end of the day

shane

snasman
09-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Hi guys my brother lives up that way and sent down these photos he was saying that they got a months worth of rain in 3 days,its pretty wet up that way at the moment.

BR65
09-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Cheers for the pics Snazman, never thought I would say it but I hope it stops raining up there soon.
Shane, it will be interesting to see how the two rivers compare fishing wise.
Have you ever fished up that way before, this is my first trip up to the N.T. so a steep learning curve for me.
cheers
Brian

Blackened
09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
G'day

thanks for those pics, some great shots on that email iank.

Best of luck fishing up there, hope you both enjoy yourselves

Dave

robersl
10-03-2007, 06:04 PM
HI brian
i fished the mary river three yers ago on a day trip up near the barrage and the old boat we caught about 7 or eight barra that day but the fly fisherman were killing them they must of caught about 30 fish in 4 hours on the bootm of the tide have not fished the mouth last uear i fished the south alligator but we got flooding rains a few days before and that made things a bit quite but we mangaged about 7 barra on the trip and spent half a day on the reef out the front pulling up cod & golden snapper and they are good eating the snapper

Daisy
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Thats a sweet link Ian, gonnna be up there ,Mary River and beyond, in early April so I'll be keeping a close eye on it.
Cheers
Daisy