PDA

View Full Version : hervey bay tourism.

insideout
06-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey all ,thought id put some piccies of the way hervey bay is evolving, and turning into a tourism town, for all the people that have not been here for many years ,and for all the people who intend on visiting. I will post more photos of stuff going on around here, as time goes by!
insideout

insideout
06-03-2007, 06:00 PM
moe piccies...

Chezzy13
06-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Lovely Piccies there...:)

LeeannP
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
The good thing is that you can still go boating and not feel crowded by other anglers. Bloody top spot.

Lucky_Phill
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
But you're bias Leeann.

Yes, I'll have to agree, we ( well I did live there for a while and holiday there ), have a lot to offer.

Sandy Straights, Rivers, Estuaries, The Fresh, Fraser, Landbased. I don't think there is the excuse to not go fishing due to the weather, there is Always somewhere within a short distance of the Bay.
I remember fishing Gateakers Bay in a 30 knot S/E and donging a Coral trout 200 meters from the boat ramp. ssshhhhh !!!!!

Maybe we should be keeping the bay to ourselves.

BTW, Hervey Bay is the second fastest growing city in Australia. Don't agrue it's fact, only Mandurah , south of Perth is faster. And on a sort of close note, the population drift towards Queensland has slowed, only 1,200 people per week move here. Last one out of NSW, turn the lights off, please !!!

phill

Chezzy13
08-03-2007, 04:56 PM
The good thing is that you can still go boating and not feel crowded by other anglers. Bloody top spot.

Wish we could say the same here, ::), over crowded, try and find a spot to take the kids...Ya got buckleys

Feral
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
High rise, strewth! and the jetty looks shorter than I remember as a kid.

longtail
12-03-2007, 07:37 PM
seeing those pics is making me wonder why the hell i moved back to brissie:'( . i miss it , maybe it's time for another week up there.;) ;D

Hey Phill , maybe we should tell them mexicans to bring a bucket of water too ::)

Jason.

ps- the pic below was taken at moon point8-)