PDA

View Full Version : east of moreton saturday

swano
04-03-2007, 01:56 PM
With conflicting weather reports on friday night we decided to give it a go and Damo myself and skipper Don left scarby marina just after 4am in Dons Stacer 6.4 with a 140mariner and we made good time rounding the cape just on sun up.
we soon set up a drift that was just about perfect at 3-4k's per hour and it wasn't long before the first fish was in the esky . we were floating cut pillies and other stuff(see saltwater chat on bait) with small ball sinkers down to a 3/0 in water from 15-27 meters and after don had a few up on us damo and myself also downsized leader from 45lb down to 25lb and had instant sucess. Don was the snapper king for the day and Damo was crowned red throat champ while i got the grassy award .
We couldn't believe the weather with fluky n/easterly breezes all day and even when we pulled the pin at 2.30pm it was probably only around 7-9kts .
we had a few big thumpers smoke us during the day on the lighter leader and i had a wahoo chase and belt my bait at one stage only to see it turn and swim off at the boat, don also hooked and saw his first black king only to drop the hook at the boat.
summary
10 snapper to a few kgs
8 grassies to 2 kgs
2redthroat
was a top day with great fellas and heaps of laughs and a good wind down with a few cold stubbies when we got home.

cheers swano

BLOOEY
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Top catch swanno,was a nice day wasnt it.

DALEPRICE
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
top catch swano,
wasnt saturday just a rippa out their. i think i heard you guys on the
radio chatting away. top feed congrats
cheers dale

Fishing_Freddy
05-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Nice catch guys if only the people predicting the weather could get it right, I would of probably got out myself. Not to worry there is always next weekend.
Ken;D

snapperm8
05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
great catch, nice bag there mate

cheers dave