PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie and Tackle Show

charleville
04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
The Tinnie and Tackle Show will be with us again in four weeks time but I have not seen any mention on their website of a fishing expo.

Does anyone know if they are having one this year, please?

It is not worth going if they don't have the fishing expo. :(

fish_on
04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
last weekend in march. brisbane that is

PinHead
04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
speak to webby, Bruce..he will know

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2007, 05:53 PM
The Tinnie & tackle is on Fri, Sat & Sun, starting 30th march.

Guest speakers will be:-

Jason Erlich, Leeann Payne, Adam Roiter, Brian Webb, Nigel Webster, Ron Molle , Ivan Jensen and some ladies from the magazine " Reel Women ".

Stefan from raptis will be doing his gig.

There will be a Bream comp run in conjunction with the show with a first prize of $10,000.

Sponsors are raptis, Berkley and Bundy Rum

Further info can be gleaned from Bush'n'Beach magazine.

Bill Corten will be the compare as usual.

Hope that helps.

phill

charleville
05-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks Phil.

My "Bush and Beach" just arrived today and I saw that in it. The B'nBs were a bit later than usual this month and I did not see the program in the QFN which arrived a few days ago so I was wondering if there was to be a speakers program.

Many thanks, guys for your responses.:)

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I might try to put up the ' speakers ' schedule. Need to find out first !! Doh !

Sounds like a mini M & G. Maybe the day Brian ( Webby ) does his talk, he loves an audience and especially lots and lots of questions :-X ;D ::)

Will see you guys there.

Cheers phill

Obi _ Wan
05-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Sounds like a good idea Phill. I will be going to the show and it would be good to meet a few of the members, you post the day and time and i will try and make it.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan.

Luc
05-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Same for me, definitely going but haven't settled on a day/time.

Luc

PS Can we buy tickets on-line like last year?

-spiro-
05-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Phil is that Ivan Jensen the one from Rainbow beach? Been on a couple of charters on the Baitrunner whch he was deckie for. He runs his own rigs for years now. Will webby give me any tips on catching big parrot [sure fire spots] if i shout him rum?lol If not i hope he likes lots of questions because im starting the list now.lol

Lucky_Phill
06-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Yes, Chris, Ivan does his own charters now and has just upgraded his boat. He runs out of Rainbow and fishes north and east of the bar. I have seen him out past Wolf Rock etc.

Don't know what Brian is talking about.... will find out.

Luc, unsure about the tickets, I might have to buy the Bush'n'beach anyway.

Phill

LeeannP
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Website for the Tinny & Tackle show is below but someone's been a little slack in updating some of the programmes. I'm sure they'll get onto it shortly.
http://www.tinnie-tackle.com.au/

Luc
06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
The T&T website is definitely a wee bit behind.

Luc

Lucky_Phill
06-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Yep Bill Corten is not happy about that either.

phill

Luc
06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
I would think so, an out of date website does not give a good image!!

Luc

Lucky_Phill
06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Jeez, ya wouldn't want to follow the floor plan. BnB is listed as site 124, which on the plan is Boat Covers, trouble being on the plan Collins Media ( BnB ) is listed as 119a and on the list there is no 119a and so all I know is that the EXPO area is marked correctly, as it was at the same spot last year.

I think we should meet up on the day that Bream competitors weigh in their catch. Some guys from AF will be competing, Wishey and Breambo1 ( anthony wishey and chris britton ). Those guys will be on Nuggets talk show on Saturday or Sunday this weekend. 1116 4BC, 5 - 7am.

Even all the links via the 4 x 4 show 3 in 1 thingie are ( coming soon ), !!!

We'll get it sorted very soon.

Phill

charleville
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Yep Bill Corten is not happy about that either.

...and neither should he be. Bill runs a good show with the seminars and that is mainly what I go for and am willing to go more than once if the program suits my interests. :)

Boat shows and home shows, gardening shows and the like never offer anything much more than what you can see by visiting dealers, building displays and the internet anyway for free but it is the lecture programs that are the major drawcard for learner boofheads like me.:)

Lucky_Phill
07-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Finf hereabouts the list of speakers at the show.

personally, I reckon I'll hit the show Sunday. ( maybe 2 days ;D )

Get to the Expo site at about 10.30am, listen to Brian.

I also would like to hear some more on the Cobia by Jason, and then hang for the Bream weigh-ins.

Something that got left off the copied program was Webby's talk on Moreton Bay Jew at 4.45pm.

There is a food stall just across from the Expo area. I will also have to pop up to say g'day to Ben Collins at the BnB stand, which is stand 124.

Cheers Phill

bait-waster
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi All.

The Fishing Expo prog is up and running on www.tinnie-tackle.com.au (http://www.tinnie-tackle.com.au) .

Online ticketing will be available in 2007 - details soon.

Also, referring to Phill's comment about the floor plan - please make sure you are viewing the 2007 Exhibitor List and Floor Plan as Boat Covers occupied BnB's current stand in 2005.

Hope the above brings everyone up to speed.

More info coming soon.

Cheers,
Farrokh.

Hardb8
07-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Just make sure none o ya's block any of the sh!tters.As they'll send me in for sure...LOL...Love being the apprentice.

charleville
07-03-2007, 07:51 PM
The Fishing Expo prog is up and running on www.tinnie-tackle.com.au (http://www.tinnie-tackle.com.au)

Hey Farrokh, we have a disconnect. :(

As seen in the picture below, the program as listed in Bush & Beach shows a 4.45pm Sunday presentation by Brian Webb on Moreton Bay Jew but this is not shown on the website. :'(

I hope that Brian is still scheduled to do this talk as it would be a real highlight of the show. ;)

bait-waster
08-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey Farrokh, we have a disconnect. :(

As seen in the picture below, the program as listed in Bush & Beach shows a 4.45pm Sunday presentation by Brian Webb on Moreton Bay Jew but this is not shown on the website. :'(

I hope that Brian is still scheduled to do this talk as it would be a real highlight of the show. ;)

Good job. Nicely presented as well.

Unfortunately Brian's session will be re-scheduled as the gates to the Show shut at 5pm on Sunday 1st April. I’m sure Bill will find a suitable spot for this session.

Generally speaking, the website will carry the most up to date information, so if you see variation between the info on the website and any printed material (barring cock-ups!) the website info should be taken as accurate.

This event, like any other event, is an evolving project and we endeavour to keep the information flow as timely and accurate as possible.

Your feedback and comments are invaluable.

Cheers,
Farrokh.

Lucky_Phill
08-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Are you saying I can't have a big Curry meal the night before I attend the Show, Farrokh ?? :)

Lazybugger
08-03-2007, 07:31 AM
I reckon we should all have a big curry the nite before. Experience is the best method for an apprentice to learn how to do a quick and efficient job, right? ;D ;D 8-)

charleville
08-03-2007, 10:56 AM
[SIZE=2]Unfortunately Brian's session will be re-scheduled as the gates to the Show shut at 5pm on Sunday 1st April. I’m sure Bill will find a suitable spot for this session.

Thanks Farrokh.

Many thanks especially for the super-quick reply. :) :) :)

bait-waster
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks Farrokh.

Many thanks especially for the super-quick reply. :) :) :)

No problems at all.

I'm working on an idea for Ausfish members at the Show and hope to announce it shortly. Watch this space!

Cheers,
Farrokh.

bait-waster
13-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi,

Just a quick update re. T&T Fishing Expo 2007

The latest program can be located on this link http://www.tinnie-tackle.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=281

Some new names added to the list of presenters.

Cheers,
Farrokh.

Ausfish
13-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Steve and Farrokh had organised continued sponsership of the site by BIAQ/ Tinnie and Tackle show.

Due to the Steve's Heart attack on Saturday 03/03/2007 Banner ads etc did not get put up that weekend except for the one in the Tackle section. I think that the banners got done today.

As mentioned above there is something being arranged for Ausfish Members at the show and it will be announced here and or in the meet and greet section if/when it is finalised.

Unfortunately Steve will be unable to attend the show for obvious medical reasons and I'm sure that he will not be very happy about that.

Regards

Mrs Ausfish (Eileen)

bait-waster
26-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone!

As per Steve's instructions I've posted a note about the Tinnie & Tackle M&G in the Meet & Greet section of the website - here is the link:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)

Cheers,
Farrokh.

PinHead
27-03-2007, 06:13 PM
oops..wrong place