PDA

View Full Version : Persistence Pays

JustOneMore
03-03-2007, 07:14 PM
With almost a month of frustrating weather and personal comittments, the itch had to be scratched so I was heading out this weekend come hell or high water. Our plan was to head out of the GC and have a crack at our first real session on spotties. We got out through the seaway to be greeted with better than predicted conditions. The day just got better by the hour. Travelled down to Mermaid and trolled around for zip, very little on the sounder and not what we were looking for. Moved around and found Palmy dead, gravel even worse.

Feeling very disappointed and ready to head home with our tail between our legs, we worked our way back up the coast until we found a current/tide line and the bait!:) Trolling for hoo on the way, but not for us today. Out went the pillies again and within 15mins ZZZZZZZZZZ, and we have our first spotty on the line. No suffing about and a with text book gaff shot we had out first GC spotty in the boat at 11am. ;D 2 hours of red hot action, sighted over 100 spotties in groups of 5-20 hunting near the surface but not busting. Landed 7 good sized spots, 3 bite offs, 4 hits without a hook up and another 4 dropped fish.8-) One of the bite offs was on a 5inch SP, one of the spots landed by oddbudman was on a 20g slug. Great effort for a random cast!:P Photo's to follow.

Good luck for everyone tomoz.

JOM.

indy
04-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Good to see you got a good feed and got rid of your itch

Fishing_Freddy
05-03-2007, 06:40 AM
I know the feeling, I'm going to try and fix the itch this weekend coming but not sure where to fish yet but I've got a couple of days to work it out.Good to hear you didn't go home empty handed.
Ken;D

JustOneMore
05-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Sorry for the delay but I had to download photo's from phone. Didn't get many photos this trip as I had my camera stolen and the new one hasn't arrived yet. Group shot of the day's catch.

Silent
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
JOM,
You should be so happy fisherman after a long waiting and indeed your persistence has paid...