PDA

View Full Version : Boat Fever

ozbee
02-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Has anyone suffered from similar symptoms waiting forever for your new boat to arrive :'( its been 3 months now and is it terminal . 1 sky is so much bluer when you dont have a boat 2 started eating lemons with salt to get that sea salt taste on your lips 3 look at old pilchard bait in freezer and then wonder what your filleting skills are like . 4 want to eat fish 7 days a week 5 everyone you pass towing a boat is a bastard now 6 even your dogs wont get out of the ute they just sit in it all day cause they aint getting down to the creek hut as often i mean if they desert you what chance have:-[ you got .

ozbee
02-03-2007, 10:26 AM
late question does it get worse?

Roughasguts
02-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Lucky man waiting for a new boat.

Have spent bloody years looking for the right used boat though, gave up several times, but just when you stop looking something catches your eye.
Usually a woman in a white bikini, climbing out a ski boat.

chris_s
02-03-2007, 10:39 AM
I know excactly what you are talking about. I placed the order for the new boat in Sept sold the current boat at that time at xmas. In that time i have found that my want and need to be fishing and on the water has increased. Throwing a line from the bank is just not the same. But that day i dream of is getting closer, i received word yesterday that they will start mine next week. We have groups for everything else these days, we should have one for those without a boat and waiting for the new one. (BAD - boatless and desperate).

FNQCairns
02-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Number 4, I have got that real bad I dream of big BBQ fish steaks.

Need to set up a fishers fund where one does not need to sell their current boat to help finance the new one before it arrives (thumbs up).

Been waiting 5months now but for 3 of those the boat has been parked in the back yard, every weekend is one weekend closer :)

cheers fnq

ozbee
02-03-2007, 02:16 PM
cripes must be getting worse just came home with last months fish and boat any one want a second copy

PinHead
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
what are you buying to be waiting that long for it ??? 3 months and still no boat ???

Far side
02-03-2007, 03:58 PM
boat ordered 14 days ago
10 days to go 9 sleeps
240 hours
14400 minutes
Weather while waiting ::Great
Fishing Even better ::

No I dont have a problem waiting

ozbee
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
haines hunter 680 patriot goona be one poor boy
been saving pennies for a long time

PinHead
02-03-2007, 04:03 PM
That seems a long time to wait for what I thought is a standard production boat...doesn't anyone stock them these days

ozbee
02-03-2007, 04:27 PM
hard to tell whats going on i flew from townsville to brisbane to have a look at one in a yard gets down there oh sorry its sold we can put you on the waiting list aaaaaaaaaarr cause it wasnt sold day beforewhen i rang. any how had a look at a lot of aluminiun was pretty impressesd but was talked out of it by a friend who owns one. any how caME BACK TO TOWNSVILLE ordered one up here but now there hinting at 6 months wait think the factory is trying to force people to buy there excess models on floors ....... maybe i should of went with a mustang

PinHead
02-03-2007, 08:09 PM
that is ridiculous having to wait that long for an Australian built boat.

Stubbie Holder
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Went down to the last Brissy boat show to look at the Patriots (Only one at the show), the boys from Haines said 10 months from order to delivery. Guess what!, I bought the one on display!!!!!!!
You are really gonna love it, every time I take mine out it seems to get better.
Lots of luck! it WILL be worth the wait.

Stubbie.

PinHead
03-03-2007, 04:50 AM
10 months ? what are they building...a replica of QM2

ozbee
03-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Went down to the last Brissy boat show to look at the Patriots (Only one at the show), the boys from Haines said 10 months from order to delivery. Guess what!, I bought the one on display!!!!!!!
You are really gonna love it, every time I take mine out it seems to get better.
Lots of luck! it WILL be worth the wait.

Stubbie.

thanks for the heartening news looks like a few more fish and chips packets yet. must look u up sometime ive caught plenty of red fish in my time trout emperor nanygai but yet have not caught a snapper do those big buggers fight like hell they look like they could be good rod shakkers .cheers8-)