PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Security

Far side
02-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Having invested considerable money in UTE and boat and new into boating I thought I would Check out the boat ramps in the Brisbane area. By searching the forum there are quite a few incidents of gear being stolen from boats and trailers.

I thought it would be a good Idea for this post to get a bit of a feel for whats being stolen and where and when.

We might be able to get a bit proactive with this Print out the incidents and submit to the water police and get some patroling happening.

On a side note I noticed that some people have had small items stolen from trailers eg shackles and rollers. I think I would be quite P***ed with this as these small items secure your boat on the trailer for transport and a missing rollers stops you from loading your boat.

Chimo
02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
PM sent.

Chimo

Redspeckle
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
In my opnion its pays to belong to a Boating / Fishing Club some of the Clubs have their own pravite boat ramps and they are fully secured (I am full member of the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club Manly) or have insurance for you car and boat (both with RACQ) or be in brakedown serivce (I have Ultra Care RACQ)
I had boat Trailer/and 4WD had tyres slash on both and windscreen smash at Wellington point boat ramp happen a couple years ago this happen when I done a overnighter
I hope this helps
Mitch:)

Cloud_9
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I may sound sinical but IT won't do diddle.
Had my car window smashed while ona boat test , 5 minite run.
it was day light.
it was a fisherman to boot. they used a sinker to smash the window.
member from my club had his car and trailer stolen while he was fishing and 1 of his mates found it 30 minites later dumped on the side of the road. lazy prickes just needed a ride.
try to make your investment a TOO hard a target to steal is all you can do..
Cheers cloud 9

BilgeBoy
04-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Bring back public floggings I say!!

I am with Cloud_9. Making it harder to steal than the next one would be a safer bet. Put a camera in the window with a sign saying "Smile Shit Head" video evidence is king these days.

At least this way you know how to introduce yourself if you ever run into them at the shops or when they walk in for a job interview:P

BilgeBoy

haggis
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
if they want it they will take it .
trailer locks are good but only stop amateurs .
how many people notice who are hanging around boat ramps when all we want to do is go and catch fish ? not many i suspect .
cheers fae haggis .