PDA

View Full Version : custom stainless/allow work

simonpp82
28-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm looking to get some custom stainless or alloy demountable legs made up for a transom mounted baitboard/rocket launcher. I'm making the rocket launcher setup myself but not from metal. I live in coolangatta. Can anybody recomend a place or individual that will do it for a good price.

finga
01-03-2007, 07:26 AM
What are you making the launcher out of??

seatime
01-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Ausfish member 'stainless' does very good stainless work, he lives in Bris.

simonpp82
01-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Finga,
Im goin for the cheapo option and making myself one out of hardwood...
Now before you cringe, The idea was given to me by Roderick aka "Flickflack" who is a very credible fisherman, and has spent years in the commercial industry in south africa. He drew up a little diagram of a trolling board that he made and used himself on a commercial tuna boat for over ten years! It's gonna cost me peanuts and it'll do the job so im happy!

finga
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
If Rod reckons it's going to work then it's going to work. :)
Timber would most probably be more forgiving and resilient then alloy or stainless.
Can't wait for the pictures :)

craigie
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Greens Marine at Yatala.

I believe these guys do a lot of the Stainless work on the Cruise Craft (Outsiders & Explorers).

Cheers
Craigie.

simonpp82
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah Finga i agree.... It'll probably look a little bit crude and simple though, but hey im not trying to win any beauty contests... its a fishing boat!

grey_inflatable
03-03-2007, 05:30 PM
hi gary de vries built my trailer full custom job very happy and great price ill be keeping his number going to get him to put a ladder on the back of my forby his bis is called metal inventions or 32697538 good luck vu

Cloud_9
04-03-2007, 04:44 PM
stainless or good ally work is a case of BEND OVER and take 1 for the team
the cost is always expencive.
but its a specialized job.
I'm building my new boat now i know the cost of getting good work done.
you gota keep one hand on ya wallet and the other over ya asss.
Cheers Cloud 9