PDA

View Full Version : DT 60 Suzi

20pounder
28-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi all I'm new to these boards but have been reading them for a fair while. Some fantastic info on here and great stories too;D
I'm just wondering if anyone knows about the motor I'm posting about? Despite having the manual I can't work out the advance timing marks. Long shot I know but like they say " there's no such thing as a stoopid question"

Roughasguts
02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi there, DT 60, Suzuki, what year model or what is the serial number.
My specs start at 1988, so probably don't go back far enough.

Can't find one after 1988, there be DT 55- DT 65, but no DT 60 I can find.

As far as I can work out there non adjustable, and factory set apart from a idle speed switch for trolling that has 4 settings, each setting changes Rpm by 50 Rpm. And after 1991 that was removed and fixed at 6 degrees, ATDC.

All adjustments seem to be electronic, no arms or rods conected from throttle linkages to the ignition.

Sorry not much help, Have you pulled it all apart and wan't to re set every thing to factory specs.

FNQCairns
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Had the DT40 85 model or there abouts, was a great engine, sure it had a timing plate under the flywheel, what are you actually interested in, on or to do with the advance marks? suspect you are speaking of the ones on the flywheel.

GUT's is that true? I had no idea they changed to a more motorcycle form of spark advance, suspect that is what you are saying.

cheers fnq

Roughasguts
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
FNQ, yeah up to the 40HP they have a timming mark on top of the fly wheel, right next to the DO NOT hit with a Hammer casting. (surely they can't be serious even though tempting at times)

So maybe if this motor is pre 1988 could be the same. Has it a pull start,
I mean the 60HP Motor.

20pounder
04-03-2007, 02:11 PM
It's a 83/4 model. Only years they made em. It was running great then all of a sudden the idle speed dropped and when I engage gear at idle she stalls.
I thought it might be a prob with the advance mechanism as it give the occasional sneeze out the exhaust when starting her up.
The way they describe the checking the static advance makes no sense when I look at the motor.
I could also be wrong about the problem as well though:P

Cloud_9
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
OK now i know what the trouble is.
the sneeze is just that a sneeze caused but air fuel mixture not timing.
geta machanic to ajust your fuel mixture.
my 90 merc had a sneeze from new. took 4 trips to machanic to get it fixed.
first 3 where dickheads saying the motors fine.
the last fixed the problem in 6 minites.
Cheers Cloud 9

20pounder
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Cheers Cloud. I think I'll stick it in for a service. More money:'(
Ah well better than leaving it for the kids;)
BTW I sorted out the advance timing thing. Couldn't see the marks on the advance unit due to a bit of grease. It wasn't my eyesight really:P

20pounder
04-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Whoops!! Should have thanked all. Hard to get used to this message stuff:)