PDA

View Full Version : NQ,CQ possibly even SEQ cyclone heads up.

FNQCairns
28-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Have been watching the systems just to the north of Cairns these last 2 days and finally it looks like we have a live one. Probably going to be a good one also, destructive at least, even cat 3, at least half or more of the east coast will see some good rain from it so don't water or plan a big boating trip this weekend :) also with a bit of luck seq might see a dumping.

Good luck and be ready if you live near or in the mid coast.

La nina for just a few days and the cycle is heading back to normal, end of the drought - hope so, think so.

cheers fnq

disorderly
28-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Been keeping an eye on these developments also,looks like the monsoon trough is cranking up a gear.
This parlicular low pressure system is supposed to started heading towards the coast in the next day or so.
Just hope it goes far enough south were the rain is really needed.

Still havent finished rebuilding and reroofing from the last one!

Might start battening down the hatches.

cheers Scott

whiteman
28-02-2007, 04:00 PM
A bit early to be predicting ... even BOM is changing its mind each bulletin.

Roo
28-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm off the monduran next week...... better pack my raincoat.
:P

roo.

FNQCairns
28-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Looks like we will get away with not much from this one at least in fnq, for a while now most predictions have it hammering the whitsunday and regions coasts although everything can change once it start's moving, no way near as worried this time around as I was with Larry 20-30 hours out.

cheers fnq

mick.RMG
28-02-2007, 08:06 PM
This cyclone has done a fantastic job of stuffing up my fishing trip to Hinchinbrook this w'end!. I'm canceling my accomodation in the morning so it should start to move away from the coast again. ha ha

mick,RMG

cqfreshie
28-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Good on ya Mick ... you cancel accom so it goes away, and I can leave CQ and continue to the Gold Coast for holidays next Tuesday.

Gotta love ya thinkin'

Cheers

FNQCairns
28-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Mick if you are serious, the place is a mess ATM but and don't quote me - This soon to be cyclone may have little or no effect on Hinchinbrook, as the low deepens it will probably start pulling moisture from this area and allow some very nice weather (for the tropics) I certainly expect some here (cairns) not counting other systems interupting. Check on some forecasts first. If you were heading south from t'ville 1.5hours things may be different.

I would certainly still fish Hinchinbrook on w'end.

Where-ever this one ends up it is going to be big and strong.

cheersfnq

FNQCairns
01-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Here is one forecast model, doesn't mean it will be correct and nothing wrong with being forwarned and at least a bit ready I suppose.

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/animate/catalog/products/forecasts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!96!Australi a!pop!od!oper!public_plots!20061!step/

cheers fnq

seatime
01-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Cyclone "Nelson" is the next name on the list.

Luc
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
That would be a nice model for the SE, plenty of water dumped in catchment areas would be great.

Still, the models change from hour to hour as data comes in.

Downpours, bring 'em on down.

Luc

Silent
02-03-2007, 07:17 AM
BRING IT ON!!! (we meant it to SEQ)

Navi
02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
We Need the rain just to flush the rivers, let alone fill the dams would be great to see.:o

cheers chris

bay_firey
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM

"Odette"

Should be the next name on the list

"Nelson" has been and gone, just ask the guys up north, Innisfail and surrounds and i am sure NO-ONE wants Nelson back

stark
02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Interesting link FNQ Thanks!

Cheers
John

bay_firey
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Need to correct myself there

Larry was the bad one Nelson just drowned everything again

seatime
02-03-2007, 11:32 AM

apologies to our northern cousins, I don't recall Nelson, and read the chart wrong :-[

http://www.bom.gov.au/catalogue/warnings/cyclone_names.shtml

in the link above, reading the notes, 2nd paragraph, it is unlikely we will see a TC Pauline named. ;) ;D