PDA

View Full Version : Mainly Queenslanders ??

cammac
27-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi,

From my observations it looks like the majority of Ausfishers are from QLD am I wrong??
If this is correct why is it so!! just curious as I see very little reference to fishing other than in QLD!!

cheers Cam

Taipan
27-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Cause the best fishing, beer and women come from QLD ;D

Cobia Kid
27-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Queensland Will Always Be My Home!!

blaze
27-02-2007, 05:51 PM
way back when somebody (steve) decided he was going to set up a website, few mates talking to each other, they live in SE queensland and so it grows from there so you end up in time with most of your member base coming from there because of the simular species/interest.
Like a website called sportfishingtasmania, it was started by a tasmanian and most members are from tassie.
Me
Well I'm a sucker for a good yarn from Queensland, so Thats why I spend most of my time on this site, gotta be the best
cheers
blaze

Blackened
27-02-2007, 05:52 PM
G'day

Best fishing up here mate ;)

But seriously, this is the birthplace of ausfish, it's the same as fishnet being victorian.

The member base here is international though.

Dave

2DKnBJ
27-02-2007, 06:41 PM
You wouldn't want to be anywhere else.By choice that is.

Cheers Dazza

bluefin59
27-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Gotta love being a QUEENSLANDER thats for sure best variety of fishing around....8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

imnotoriginal
27-02-2007, 08:04 PM
There's a lot of proud qlders on here, tis true. But everyone's welcome!
Joel

Pistol_P
27-02-2007, 08:16 PM
I lived in Sydney for 28 years......After living in QLD for three already I would NEVER GO BACK.........;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

rob tranter
27-02-2007, 08:19 PM
In reality, it's why it's so bright up there, they all think the Sun shines out of there @#$%holes, go on just aske them.;D
No honestly I think it's what Blaze said, as anybody with a brain knows, the sun shines out of our (Gods Own State) NSW @#$%holes;D
I asked the same thing not long after I became a member of the best fishing web site in Aus.
And they all answered as they have here, me, I just like to put smart @#$% replys up, as I can't fish and I hate cock roaches.::)
this should rev them up:)
Rob8-)
Now don't you northeners take this too seriously and get upset.::)

Kiktz
27-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Gee one thing comes to mind,

The Goldy on a Hot Summers day----- As I say its all about T&A (tides & artificials?)

Sorry. edited by moderator !! It is a general public site with many younger members and guests.

rob tranter
27-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Gee one thing comes to mind,

The Goldy on a Hot Summers day----- As I say its all about T&A (Tides and artificials)

Hopefully kiktz your not refering to the ones in your picture.
Rob8-)

Edited your quote too Rob. ;)

BilgeBoy
27-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Bloody Mexicans...

Look you lot...stop telling everyone it's great up here. You have seen how these Southerners drive, can you imagine them in a boat or at a ramp!!:P

We are all Aussie and you guys are mates, but stay down there will you!! Thanks to you mexicans coming up in droves we will be drinking our own effluent soon. Oh and if you do come up....don't bring that Ariel Ping Pong with ya!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Bilgeboy

cammac
28-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Mite have to rename it QLDfish its almost like the site isnt Australia wide . I guess Ausfish will become better known Australia wide eventually. Id like to see some imput from other locations in Australia but that will come with time I guess.

Cam

Bruce_Bogtrotter
28-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Basically it is a Qld. site.. just a big one :)
Fishnet..Vic..
Sportsfish...NSW
FishSA... Sth Aust.. etc etc

each has a smattering of members from other states & overseas..

most info here is from Qld, if you are going on hols & need info on other states, if you can't get it here you check out the other sites.

kingtin
28-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I lived in Sydney for 28 years......After living in QLD for three already I would NEVER GO BACK.........;D ;D

I Lived in the UK for 46 yrs..............after living in Qld for 12, I would NEVER GO BACK ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kev

charleville
28-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Mite have to rename it QLDfish its almost like the site isnt Australia wide .

Ha! Have you ever noticed the arrogance of the Melbourne or Sydney people that allow themselves to adopt the Australian title but ridicule other states when they do the same. >:(

Like where is the Australian Chamber Orchestra located? Sydney.
Where is the Australian Youth Choir based? Melbourne?
Where is the home of Australian Rules football? Bloody Melbourne where most of the sport is just a local competition betweeen suburbs. Even when both finalist teams are from another state, they won't allow the final out of Melbourne.

Even if you read the newspapers on- line you will see that Brisbane's Courier-mail has it's state news section plus a national news section - but not the Sydney Morning Herald or the Melbourne Age. No state news there - no, siree! It is all national news - as if some piddling seven-eleven hold up in Footscray is national news. Ha! The cheek of them!!! Ha! ;D

I have spent many years travelling around Australia's capital cities and learnt long ago that the bigger the city, the greater their parochialism. Hell, they cannot even pronounce "Mt Gravatt" properly! ;D

If Steve were ever to rename Ausfish, it would not be a Queensland name. No siree! It would be something like Worldfish, or Globalfish, or Planetfish! No point in having small ambitions. After all, we are Queenslanders!!!!!!!;D ;D ;D

We control what goes into the Murray Darling system which is the life blood of half of Australia - so we should adopt the national naming rights more often. ;D ( I never really thought of that when I used to wee into the Warrego River at Charleville when I was a kid. ;D )

Synful
28-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Ha! Have you ever noticed the arrogance of the Melbourne or Sydney people that allow themselves to adopt the Australian title but ridicule other states when they do the same. >:(

Like where is the Australian Chamber Orchestra located? Sydney.
Where is the Australian Youth Choir based? Melbourne?
Where is the home of Australian Rules football? Bloody Melbourne where most of the sport is just a local competition betweeen suburbs. Even when both finalist teams are from another state, they won't allow the final out of Melbourne.

Mate, you've got to love their mentality :-/

I deal with Victorians and New South Welshman all day over the phone and honestly, they are getting more and more like Americans every day - think nothing exists outside their respective state.

The amount of time that people give me their phone numbers without an area code is ridiculous. Just to p1$$ 'em off, (for example) for a Victorian caller if they don't provide an area code I say: "Oh, is that an 02 number ?" and vice versa for a NSW caller.

Doesn't that fire 'em up; nothing like telling a NSW caller he's Victorian ;D ;D ;D ;D

skippa
28-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Hell, they cannot even pronounce "Mt Gravatt" properly! ;D

Some can't pronounce Capalaba either ... ;D
Tony Barber ( showing my age now ::) ) got it terribly wrong one nite introducing a 'home viewer'. Cap-A-Lar-Bar or something came out .. ;D

Had to ;D when he came back after the ad break to apologize for getting wrong
Least he apologized tho ... ;)

Although Capalaba is probably no harder than Tootgarook to pronounce. ::) ;D

rob tranter
28-02-2007, 02:01 PM
When you lot a quite finished (God will it ever happen?::) )
Firstly, it was ALL NSW:D , before they devided it up and gave you and the Mexicans the dregs.

And you have the hide to claim the control of the Murray Darling system, so now we know who to blame;D

And do we need to know how to pronounce, that word, what was it S@#t I don't even think I can spell it;)

How about Wallabadah?

Keep it up people, the rip offs are good for the Heart, if you've got one that is.:)

Rob8-)

Pistol_P
28-02-2007, 02:12 PM
One of the funniest thing I noticed in Sydney was peoples lifestyles.
SOOO many peolpe are caught up working 6.5 days a week paying off ENORMOUS and I mean ENORMOUS mortgages.Most families both parents are working flat out just to meet the mortgage repayments.
Then if you throw in a couple of kids you never get to see them and you hardly ever see your partner as work just dominates your life.
Most of these houses we are talking about are in disgusting areas and you really need to ask yourself what life is all about.

When you tell them how good QLD is in comparision the reponse is so often....
arrrrggghhh QLD'ers are all so slow........YES that is right and thats why its so bloody good......People enjoy their lifes up here!......;D

Argle
28-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Mostly Queenslanders talking mostly about fishing in Queensland? And the problem would be what???? Although at times we also talk about drinking XXXX and Bundy in Queensland too......sh@t no wonder Im on here a lot;D

Cheers and XXXX (thats beer for you southern mob)
Scott

Poodroo
28-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Sssshhhhh everyone. The more we plug Qld the more mexicans will want to move here. Ignore what everyone has said. The fishing sucks, and it is a horrid place to live. ;D

Poodroo

charleville
28-02-2007, 05:01 PM
One of the funniest thing I noticed in Sydney was peoples lifestyles.

Same for Melbourne. They all dress like they are going to a funeral. ::)

...but if they were, it would not be their own. They are a city of spectators! ;D Most of them don't participate in life, they just watch it passing them by! ;D

Even when they buy a boat they lay it up for six months in the winter and just look at it! ;D ;D What sort of a boofhead would buy a boat only to look at it without using it for half the year? Winter is the bestest time for fishin' here - especially at night on a warm sea.:)

Their new museum and their art gallery are both pathetic compared with Brisbane's. Their Yarra river is just a narrow open sewer, so toxic that their early morning rowers get very sick after the slightest of dunkings.

...and their much famed D'Lish Fish cafe, Rex Hunt's "fish'n'chip shop reminds me of the worst grottty fish and chips shops of the 1950's. Very disappointing.

Their airport sucks - no, hang on a minute, all airports suck. ;) Ah well - their public transport to the airport sucks - nothing as wonderful as Brissy's airport train.

...and in winter they all go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - no wonder that they are so parochial, they cannot see any light.;D

...and talk about conservative! Ha!

charleville
28-02-2007, 05:14 PM
...but the good news is that when they run their boats it costs them more than it costs us.

ie look at the petrol price comparisons for today from the Shell Oil site...

charleville
28-02-2007, 05:25 PM
...and when they finally summons up the nerve to go fishin' they pay through the nose before they even get into the water. See this thread from Fishnet.com.au...

They clearly need a national site like Ausfish to tell 'em how it should be done! ;D ;D ;D

shayned
28-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Good to see you've really got a handle on writing a short thread now but writing 36 of them in a row prob defeats the purpose.;D ;D ;D

Hey Bruce how many weeks of freedom left now or shouldn't this be asked????

finga
28-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Good to see you've really got a handle on writing a short thread now but writing 36 of them in a row prob defeats the purpose.;D ;D ;D

That maybe a sore point with Charlie going from midweek marauder to week-end warrior ;D
Must be near the full time hooter on the holiday Charlie??

I still reckon one spot in NSW beats nearly all in QLD...good old Evans Head in northern NSW.

NAGG
28-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Bloody Mexicans...

Look you lot...stop telling everyone it's great up here. You have seen how these Southerners drive, can you imagine them in a boat or at a ramp!!:P

We are all Aussie and you guys are mates, but stay down there will you!! Thanks to you mexicans coming up in droves we will be drinking our own effluent soon. Oh and if you do come up....don't bring that Ariel Ping Pong with ya!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Bilgeboy

Mexicans:o ! ....... They're Victorians (& Victorians are only Tasmanians on the way to NSW :D :D :D
NAGG

Pistol_P
28-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Same for Melbourne. They all dress like they are going to a funeral. ::)

...but if they were, it would not be their own. They are a city of spectators! ;D Most of them don't participate in life, they just watch it passing them by! ;D

!

So true mate....so true!.....:D

blaze
28-02-2007, 08:52 PM
seems us southerners aint real welcome in queensland any more, least down south we put the welcome mat out for a few weeks and then like to send ya home. Might have to rethink my annually trip north.
cheers
blaze

blaze
28-02-2007, 08:56 PM
ust to add
leave me keys in the car for an overnighter at the boat ramp
dont lock the house or shed during the day
walk down the road and drink the water straight from the river and not a bottle
did i mention water, we have plenty, want to share it
can eat the fish without fear of some sort of heavy metal intake
and the list goes on
and there is a good 200km of water to keep most riffraff out
cheers
blaze

Greg P
28-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Some good bloody sights along the beach at St Kilda in summer :P:P:P:o

I spend a lot of time down in Melbourne. Their public transport and road system is light years ahead of Brisbane. :-/

Heath
28-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Cause Queensland is the best god damn country in the world!

Go you blues!!!!

blu
28-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Sssshhhhh everyone. The more we plug Qld the more mexicans will want to move here. Ignore what everyone has said. The fishing sucks, and it is a horrid place to live. ;D

Poodroo

Yer and the beer hot don't come ere BAD place stay away :o
Oh and if you are come'n through please shut the gate LOL
GO THE MAROON'S

cammac
28-02-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL.... boy ask a simple question !!!::)

lets change the subject ! or shud i say close the subject! I think i get yr drift!!! think the question was answered by about third reply!! but if you guys like .... by all means keep going;D

Black_Rat
28-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Yep we are Queenslanders and we welcome anyone who wants to have there say ! QLD, NSW or VIC :) or any party of Aus :)

Synful
28-02-2007, 11:52 PM
And do we need to know how to pronounce, that word, what was it S@#t I don't even think I can spell it;)

Gee Rob, it really is quite easy - although it's not a word, more of a sentence; repeat after me:

"Queensland really is the better State of Origin side, that's why we lost it last year and will lose it again this year" :P ;D :) 8-) :D ;D ;D

charleville
01-03-2007, 04:21 AM

Ah yes - but now that the new Ausfish platform puts a limit on the number of Smilies that you can use, it is one way of getting more smilies. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was to go back to work next Monday BUT a phenomenon that matches the incredible magic of compound interest is that whilst I have been on long service leave for 13 months, I have continued to accumulate recreation leave and indeed more long service leave. So I have extended my time off by another four weeks.

So who is smiling now?!!!!

charleville
01-03-2007, 04:33 AM
seems us southerners aint real welcome in queensland any more, least down south we put the welcome mat out for a few weeks and then like to send ya home. Might have to rethink my annually trip north.

Nah, mate. We will always welcome you.

Just bring ya money - and some water - preferably not from the Murray Darling system - you know what we do to that in Queensland! ;D ;D ;D

Of course, some Queenslanders do migrate down there as well. You can always tell them (but you can't tell them much! ;D )

Besides that, the Queenslanders are the ones with at least three Alveys amongst their reels. ;D

charleville
01-03-2007, 04:37 AM
That maybe a sore point with Charlie going from midweek marauder to week-end warrior ;D
/QUOTE]

Mumble...grumble....nash teeth....tear hair.....&^$%^%#$*(#&^*
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >

[QUOTE=finga;583259] I still reckon one spot in NSW beats nearly all in QLD...good old Evans Head in northern NSW.

Yep - very picturesque - well except for all of the yellow numberplates. ;D

finga
01-03-2007, 07:10 AM
[quote=finga;583259]That maybe a sore point with Charlie going from midweek marauder to week-end warrior ;D
/QUOTE]

Mumble...grumble....nash teeth....tear hair.....&^$%^%#$*(#&^*
>:( >
You better send me your mobile number so I can take some pictures and send them to you matey. Just so you don't get with-drawls ;D

Yep - very picturesque - well except for all of the yellow numberplates. ;D
The Landy there has just had personalised plates put on it so they're even black and whites now just so it wouldn't get an inferiority complex 8-)

Blaze....How long until the next migration north??
The cook wants to go to Tassie in June or July but I haven't enough clothes in the cupboard to keep me warm.:-[
Bloody hell Charlie. I just tried to post this and was rejected due to ALL YOUR SMILIES. Easy fix. I just wiped them all out except one. Got to leave one upset fella.

Bruce_Bogtrotter
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
If the movie 'Deliverance' was made in Australia, it would have been base on Queensland..;D

'GO THE MIGHTY BLUES' 8-)

Argle
01-03-2007, 08:53 AM
[quote=Bruce_Bogtrotter;583488]If the movie 'Deliverance' was made in Australia, it would have been base on Queensland..;D

Yet there are still 1200-1500 of you lot PER WEEK moving up here:o :o :o

I guess you have to learn how to play footy somehow though hey!;D ;D

GO THE MAROONS QUEEEEEEEEENSLANDER

Cheers and Beers
Scott

charleville
01-03-2007, 09:01 AM
If the movie 'Deliverance' was made in Australia, it would have been base on Queensland..;D

Ha! Even the Australian Ballet is a Melbourne based entity. They even think they are better in that department! ;D

(Not that there is anything wrong with that!);D ;D ;D

charleville
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Yet there are still 1200-1500 of you lot PER WEEK moving up here:o :o :o

That's 'cos we live close to Bindi! ;D ;D ;D

At least we know how to name our 'zoos' so that they attract lots of overseas tourists. ;D

kingtin
01-03-2007, 09:45 AM

'GO THE MIGHTY BLUES' 8-)

And the piggy would be from NSW ;D

kev

Bruce_Bogtrotter
01-03-2007, 10:03 AM
And the piggy would be from NSW ;D

kev

Kev, STOP IT, you're getting me all excited:-*

thelump
01-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Bloody Mexicans...

QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Bilgeboy

Having witnessed first hand the driving skills of both QLDERS andNSWelshmen I would strongly disagreewith you bilgeboy.QLD drivers are terrible.
Is this a bad way to fit in with the locals in my new home???But I must admit they do have the best website I have seen for a while.

charleville
01-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Is this a bad way to fit in with the locals in my new home???But I must admit they do have the best website I have seen for a while.

Ah well now - you have redeemed yourself! ;D

Welcome to paradise! :)

ColacGirl
02-03-2007, 12:40 AM

Hey blaze,
You're welcome here anytime. I reckon you and Ross could wander into a shed, find a project to work on, and not emerge for months ;)

--
Bev - ex Victorian
&
Ross - Queenslander born & bred!

2iar
02-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Well I'm a sucker for a good yarn from Queensland, so Thats why I spend most of my time on this site, gotta be the best
cheers
blaze
I agree, though I'm happily also a QLD resident. Don't forget though Blaze, it's contributions such as yours that make the site the best. :2thumbsup:

Good luck,
Mike

PinHead
03-03-2007, 04:48 AM
lemme see:
Vic has VB..NSW has Tooheys..we have XXXX abd bundy rum.
Vic has AFL...NSW has Phil Gould..we have Wally and Lethal Leigh
Vic is small...Sydney is overcrowded....we have heaps of space.
Vic has Port Philip Bay...NSW has Sydney Harbour..we have Moreton Bay and the GBR
you work it out !!!!!!

ozbee
03-03-2007, 08:20 AM
lemme see:
Vic has Port Philip Bay...NSW has Sydney Harbour..we have Moreton Bay and the GBR
you work it out !!!!!! only one word "OUCH"

rob tranter
04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
lemme see:
you work it out !!!!!!

Pinhead
Some good points:) , but NSW North Coast is all over Q/lands South Coast, we have less people and buildings which gives us more open space and with fewer people we have less competition on the water to fish:D . I think thats why so many Q/landers come down here for holidays.;D
And we have a better Full strength beer Tooheys Old, but I will give you your Mid Strength marked with BARBED WIRE (XXXX)::) .
And is that dirty looking water hole off Brisbane Morton Bay? Not sure on that one.
Rob8-)

PinHead
04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Pinhead
Some good points:) , but NSW North Coast is all over Q/lands South Coast, we have less people and buildings which gives us more open space and with fewer people we have less competition on the water to fish:D . I think thats why so many Q/landers come down here for holidays.;D
And we have a better Full strength beer Tooheys Old, but I will give you your Mid Strength marked with BARBED WIRE (XXXX)::) .
And is that dirty looking water hole off Brisbane Morton Bay? Not sure on that one.
Rob8-)

a couple of reasonable points Rob...NSW North Coast....thinking..ok..Coffs is ok...Byron..wow...better leave that one alone a bit too high for me....Kingscliff, Pottsville etc...just the remains that were left by the sand miners. I forgot...just in from the coast you have Nimbin..how foolish of me to forget that charming lil place.

Tooheys Old..I would cut my throat before I would pour that down it..I must say Hahn is not a bad drop.

LOL @ the water hole..yep..that is our Bay and we love it.

Do you know why a lot of Qlder's venture into northern NSW..so they can see how good it is up here...always better to have a look at the other side of life..hehe

rob tranter
04-03-2007, 07:42 PM
a couple of reasonable points Rob...NSW North Coast....thinking..ok..Coffs is ok...Byron..wow...better leave that one alone a bit too high for me....Kingscliff, Pottsville etc...just the remains that were left by the sand miners. I forgot...just in from the coast you have Nimbin..how foolish of me to forget that charming lil place.

Tooheys Old..I would cut my throat before I would pour that down it..I must say Hahn is not a bad drop.

LOL @ the water hole..yep..that is our Bay and we love it.

Do you know why a lot of Qlder's venture into northern NSW..so they can see how good it is up here...always better to have a look at the other side of life..hehe

Yeh Coffs is OK, I'm talking Wooli, Minnie Water, Sandon, Brooms Head and Evans Head.
Have to agree with you on Byron, and Nimbin (blah)
As for the beer, I might be tempted to cut your throat myself before offering the necta of the Gods to a Q/lander;D
And be honest, you know the real reason behind your lot venturing down this way, it's to see what they've lost.
Such a beautiful coast line like that and you've filled it up with buildings and people, what a waste.:o
Good luck with the traffic, and drinking the filtered sewage though;D ;D
Thank God for being a NSWelshman:D
Go the Blues
Rob8-)

NAGG
04-03-2007, 08:29 PM
lemme see:
you work it out !!!!!!
So what do Queenslanders do with Bundy rum ? ....... They dont drink it do they !:-X I went to the shop at the bundy rum factory once & they offered me the bundy black (gee they must hate NSWelshmen!) ;) NAGG

cammac
04-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Pinhead,

Guess what havent you heard everyones bailing out of Vic and NSW and heading to your wonderfull state :o ...... so guess what ..... the jokes on you, soon NSW and Vic are going to be emply - you gotta love that!!;D 8-)

Just dont go changing yr mind about QLD when its overcrowded - which what ive seen of southeast QLD ... aint far away !!::)
Oh and all the more Old to meee!
Hey Rob - dont encourage them cant u see there very happy where they are! Everywhere in NSW is Fished Out - everyone knows that !:'(

Bob H
04-03-2007, 09:02 PM
there,s nothing wrong with nsw, if they wanted to give australia an enama , where would they put the pipe if there was no nsw?and up here we speak english.bob h

rob tranter
05-03-2007, 06:26 AM
there,s nothing wrong with nsw, if they wanted to give australia an enama , where would they put the pipe if there was no nsw?and up here we speak english.bob h

Come on now Bob, you know thats Victoria.;D
But it's ok, you can bag us all you like, we've got broad shoulders.
We have to, we've been carrying you Q/landers since for ever.;)
If it wasn't for us tourists coming up every now and then you lot would be broke, and still have gravel tracks instead of the lovely tarred highways Joe built for you on our tourist $;D

Rob8-)

MY ALIBI
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
yep sure am

major-defect
06-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Ahhhh Nth Qld why would you live anywher else!

Chezzy13
06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
If the movie 'Deliverance' was made in Australia, it would have been base on Queensland..

That would be Tassie wouldnt it lol..
Go Bombers ( AFL)..:D :P

Redspeckle
06-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I lived in Sydney for 28 years......After living in QLD for three already I would NEVER GO BACK.........;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Does This mean you now back Queensland in State of Orgin (+other QLD sports) instead of NSW
Mitch;)

onerabbit
06-03-2007, 05:49 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP, hehehehehe,

Qld, god's what????

The place is bloody hot, even in winter if you go too far,

Come on guys, god himself holidays on the far Nth coast of NSW, it is the best of the best.

Should it ever come to it, & it will ,I will move to WA before your rather nasty , hot bit of Australia, better fishing there too.

Hope I haven't bent too many bananas,

hehehehehehehehehe,

Muzz

Chezzy13
06-03-2007, 05:51 PM
LOL I live here and even I dont like it..:D

vb4me
06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I have lived here since I was 11 yrs old coming up from NSW. But I cant stand xxxx or bundy.Loathe league and the Gold coast is definately overcrowded. Just come back from a trip so SA and would have to sayI like it. I like it a lot. The fishin is great. They follow the AFL. Overcrowding isnt a problem. Just have to smuggle down some muddies and moreton bay bugs and change the drinkin habits to VB;D;D;D

mattooty
07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Having witnessed first hand the driving skills of both QLDERS andNSWelshmen I would strongly disagreewith you bilgeboy.QLD drivers are terrible.

funny that, i agree with u there.
Last week of the school holidays, had one qld driver pull out and smash my car to smithereens putting me in hospy for a week,:'( said "oh i thought it was a deadend"
Then barely a week after iget back in the new car, have 2 nearly side swipe me and saw one go into drive instead of reverse and shoot up onto the pavement....
the list would never end if i started...lol
as for boatramps, watched the one bloke with qld plates reverse down to the boatramp, sit for halfa while he undid all his straps...::)

But on the other hand, have had some pretty heart in mouth fishing with some top qld blokes
Just goes to show you guys aint to bad up there.

On the other hand, regarding the different sites, its funny to notice they all have a highly popular fish, eg, here we've got the squire on placcies, nearly half the reports are based on them,
The sydney based sites are all about kingfish at the moment,
The southern states are all about their gummy sharks
etc etc
I just find it really amusing skipping from one to the other
Matt

mattooty
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
(i have alot of hands for those enquiring to my use of "on the other hand", dam, does that go against me down here?)

Carl Chao
09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, Queenslander........... Good fishing!!!!!!!!!1