PDA

View Full Version : borumba dam

black knight
26-02-2007, 09:03 PM
i was thinging of going up to borumba dam for a fish on the weekend . can anybody tell me if it has been fishing any good at all, and what is the water leavel like thanks

Feral
26-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Dunno about how it is fishing, was up there last week for a look, water level looks to be about 3m below the spillway. Have seen some isolated reports saying that poppa's are getting a few Bass at dusk, with the cicada's coming out.

angler1
27-02-2007, 03:48 PM
black night there is a lot of fish being caught at the moment everywhere throughout the dam but be quick there is an ABT comp on the 17th-18th of march and with the amount of boats there it will shut down quickly.

angler1

Awoonga
27-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Gee Angler 1 l was there Friday a few of the ABT guys where there also doing a prefish ... things where pretty quite...Not much action....Also there the week before didnt catch any......?????

Sniper
27-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Trevor, you were just holding your tongue the wrong way. lol. Borumba can be a very finicky dam. Very hit and miss. Every time I go up there it seems to be miss though. lol. Water level has been dropping steadily, which does affect the fishing at times, as most of the competitors at the Bassin Qld comp at Somerset found on the weekend. Like any dam, if you find fish that aren't biting, they will come on the chew at some stage. Got to be there when they do.
Cheers
Billyboy

Tropicaltrout
27-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Mate , plenty of fish to be caught, just need to know were to go and what to use, I pm you.

jimbamb
28-02-2007, 02:15 PM
we were there last week
good news.... we got 17 bass 1 yella 1 silver on thursday .Bad news.... biggest bass was 28cm yella39cm silver 36cm
Dont know where the big fellas were.we couldnt find them.

black knight
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
thanks for the info guys that should help me out