PDA

View Full Version : Rod wrapper is final complete!!

stevos
26-02-2007, 07:28 PM
So here is the finished rod wrapper/dryer that I have been asking questions about. After many weeks of having bits and pieces around she is together and ready for the first drying task over ther weekend on a rod I rebound quite some time ago.

Only cost me:
$35 (spit motor) + $9 (aluminium angle) + assorted screws, nuts, washers from the shed + some scrap MDF, plywood and 2m of pine also from the shed + a sacraficial roller blade for the bearings + paint again from the shed...etc

Also have constructed a 3rd roller just incase (easier to mass produce) so now all that is left is the test run. Anyone got any improvements to suggest (besides fixing the scratch I have already put in the paint job).

dogsbody
26-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Stevos looks good, maybe some feet to stop it falling over in case it gets bumped.

Dave.

Lucky_Phill
26-02-2007, 10:06 PM
That's pretty flash Steve, nice work.

What did the dryer speed end up at ?

Phill

stevos
27-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Its just over 2 rpm Phill. My intention is to give it a run and see how it goes - can always gear it up if necessary.

Will go with a few nice thiun layers I think.

Good idea with the feat dave - Ill see what is hanging around the shed. Was contemplating screwing it to a workbench but its not something I will be using all that other.

Cheers,

RobGoesFish
28-02-2007, 11:19 AM
looking good mate

stevos
28-02-2007, 06:07 PM
2 rpm works a treat with the epoxy. Did a quick runner repair last night with good results.

Just gotta work on my patience when I bind a whole worth of runners.

Cheers,

Bearclaw
28-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Stevos, don't try to apply the finish to all guides in one hit, do half or even less. Take you time until you get a feel for it. Only takes 5mins to mix up another batch. Trying to do too much quickly is a sure receipe for disaster.
Patience, I still have to walk away every couple of guides so that I can re-focus.