PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter

indy
25-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Matt and I headed out from Bribie at around lunch time on saturday to go and fish caloundra wide for the night through to sunday morning.

We first of all dropped some crab pots for hopefully a feed of sandy's when we got back on sunday. So with the pots droped we headed out to the mark taking us a little over an hour with conditions not to bad. But as the day went on the conditions started to get worse and stayed like this through out the night with swells around the two metre mark and plenty of wind around 15-20 knots through out the night.

With the conditions we had it made fishing really hard with also a fair amount of current which no matter what you did or which side of the boat you fished the lines just kept wanting to go under the boat. There was no real bite as the sun went down or when the sun come up the next morning.

Didn't think the conditions would get much worse but they did shortly after sun up with the swells becoming up around the 2.5metre mark, we had both had enough by this stage and headed back to check the pots.

We ended up getting 11 sandies and 8 reefies so we still managed a feed nun the less.

Cheers pete...

fish-freak
25-02-2007, 06:01 PM
nice under size pearl perch there buddy!!!

disorderly
25-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Pretty quick on the draw there,freak!

Indy,sounds like my last trip out.It sure makes for a long night with conditions like that.
At least you got a nice feed .

cheers Scott

snapperm8
25-02-2007, 06:33 PM
deffently a great feed still nothing better then some fish and crab for lunch.....
nice under size pearl perch there buddy!!! fish freak i dunno if u realise that the fish are in a wheel barrow

outsiderskip
25-02-2007, 06:38 PM
whats all u need now is a rum or a beer
nice fish pete

pete

Frank OO
25-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi Indy,

You are a braver man than I am mate.

Glad to see you made it back alive with a seafood basket for lunch.

Frank OO

frenzy
25-02-2007, 07:39 PM
top feed Indy
What size boat did you go out in???

DALEPRICE
25-02-2007, 07:52 PM
gday indy,
good feed you got their mate. was also out their
on sat and sunday and the fish bit well on sat morning.
how far north did you go ??
cheers dale

Astro
25-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Very nice feed of fish and sandies, what a fantastic idea putting them in a wheel barrow, saves carrying an eski lol

SeaSaw
25-02-2007, 09:07 PM
We did about the same Pete. It was pretty tough going all right.

Heard you call after lunch, but you mustn't have been able to pick up our return. We were back in at the ramp at Spinaker and my transmission mustn't have got out.

Cheers,

Mark

indy
26-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Frenzy my boat is a 6m sportfish

Dale i will pm you

Seasaw i was also in the passage when i gave you that call after lunch may have been to close

Fish Freak do you really think i would risk my boat and car for an under size fish?
You will get alot of usefull information from this sight with comments like that.

Cheers to everyone else
Pete

-spiro-
26-02-2007, 07:38 AM
[quote=fish-freak;581661]nice under size pearl perch there buddy!!![/quote
]You have no IDEA>:( >:(

Well done Pete for sticking out those conditions. Sounds like skips and my last trip;D

seapup
26-02-2007, 11:27 AM
good work for toughing it out in those condtions.

Big_Ren
26-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Great stuff Pete and good thinking to mix up the catch with some crabs. We were out with FrankOO on Saturday and conditions were not great, but they weren't getting any better:-/

Fish-Freak, not sure why you would want to accuse someone of bringing home undersize fish when you have no proof whatsoever, except for what you are guessing with your own eyes. Remember those fish are in a wheelbarrow not bucket, and as Pete said, why would he risk his boat and equipment for one lousy undersize fish.::) As you would probably know, pearlies have bloody big heads compared to their bodies and in our boat we consider it pointless bringing home any pearlie under 40cm, let alone 35.

Cheers
Paul

Wooly
26-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Indy

Was on the north end of wide caloundra from mid-morning saturday thru to dark. Conditions much the same but a nice change not to get raosted. Also worked hard for a feed with current running stright back into the southeaster, had heaps showing on the sounder but nothing real hungry no matter how many spots we tried.

Did notice though that all fish caugt were as fat as Ive seen in a long time, wondering if this was the same with your catch?

Great day regardless, and as a bonus had a close up encounter with QEII on the way in.

cheers

wooly

reel scream
27-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Well done guys.

Measuring up against the legal sandie, the pearlie is well over.

Cheers Scott.

indy
27-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Wooly

Didn't really notice them being really fat yours might have been on a good patch of bait

craigie
27-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Well done Indy, nothing wrong with a Barra full of fresh seafood to show for a session on the water !!

Quite partial to a few Sandies myself !! Any idea what depth they were caught in ??

Not sure where this undersize Pearly is ?? The only one I see has to be 45cm + !!

Cheers
Craigie.

indy
28-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Craigie they were in around the two metre mark around the other thousand or so pots on the way out the passage, didn't really hold high hopes but there seems to be heaps around at the moment..

cheers pete...