PDA

View Full Version : lures for Yellabelly.

Remo
25-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I fished Stanthorpe's town weir yesterday for a little while with no result. While Fishing I had a thought, do yellabelly react to lures differently in different areas.
ie. Spinner baits work better in some areas and not others, or other types of lures work better in some areas, like Moogerah dam I would mainly used hard body lures.

Your Thoughts

Ray

bdowdy
25-02-2007, 11:50 AM
i fish for cod most of the time and there is yellabelly in the creeks and dams ive had not a lot of luck with the yellas but have caught them on both hard and spinnerbaits, but these fish have to be really switched on to bite as ive polarized them in creeks and seem to just check out the lure and follow it several times and no hookups, even trying different lures and methods to make them bite. once they are switched on its nothing to catch a few on a snag or ledge.( TRICKY FISH).....CHEERS BDOWDY

jasonb
25-02-2007, 02:43 PM
the best lures ive found are the 4 and 2 inch dam busters ,any colour and they have a nice wide swing ,

davefishing
25-02-2007, 02:51 PM
how yellows react to lures,seems to be tyed to tempture...my experance over the last 20 yrs.says..if the temps right they will climb all over the lure,,but whan they switch off...to hot ,look for deeper water,to cold, look for warm shallow bays,what type of lure..the one you trust..not always the one we should use ,in given area..
but thats fishing ....

silver19
25-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with jasonb any lure with a nice wide slow action in the main such as the tenterfield dart and the like.
Cheers John

bdowdy
25-02-2007, 09:12 PM
put those tenterfield darts into retirement as there now collecters items if i was you john. cheers bdowdy

jasonb
28-02-2007, 05:41 PM
plus most times ive caught yella's is with a lure that swims at about 3-4 mtrs

JoshvL
01-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I believe yella's will bite harder when the barometric pressue is rising. Silver perch i know are more active at 1020 or above, yellas are the same. cod i believe are more inclined to come out from 1024 and above. Trout are 1015 and below.
All the tiems ive fished fro yella's ive always waited until bout lunchtime or just before a thumping storm hits. the fish seem to go crazy at these times. best of luck hey :)