Someone please tell me this is Illegal

Regards
Shane

PinHead
23-02-2007, 07:48 PM
u r right Shane..the ute on the footpath is illegal..hehe

Poodroo
23-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Lol Greg. That's funny. I am pleased also to note the absence of Ausfish stickers on the boat. :D

Poodroo

BilgeBoy
23-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Man...is that a RAV4!! What a wally. They are lucky it didn't push them out into the traffic...which absolutely hooks through there. If the owner is reading...USE A BIGGER VEHICLE FOR TOWING...and stop putting the rest of us in harms way!!

Shane Boese
24-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Man...is that a RAV4!! What a wally. They are lucky it didn't push them out into the traffic...which absolutely hooks through there. If the owner is reading...USE A BIGGER VEHICLE FOR TOWING...and stop putting the rest of us in harms way!!

Bilgeboy

Mate they stop the traffic so he could get out also as he turned left they came close to taking out the left side of the rav with the port pontoon.

Regards
Shane

keepitreel
24-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Look a bit closer boys, its a Suzuki Vitara!!!

Wahoo
24-02-2007, 08:08 AM
LOL, cant be for real.................can it :-/

bay_firey
24-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I am with keepiteel

It aint no Rav, looks more like a suzuki

gone_fishing
24-02-2007, 09:00 AM
i agree that looks more like a suzuki vitara estate
no way that vechile could tow such a large vessel saftley within the vechiles towiing specs
what a dik smoker

dogsbody
24-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I suspect a bit of forward planning is needed when they want to pull up.

Dave.

Whitto
24-02-2007, 11:05 AM
>:( >:( Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear, I work for the Emergency Services and sad as it is for me to say so we get too look after the innocent victims (potential waiting too happen), Good luck to all on the roads with WANKERS like this let loose, Cheers Whitto:o :o

BAT
24-02-2007, 11:16 AM
"Where else but Queensland" Seriously im no longer shocked by the things I see on our roads!

Grand_Marlin
24-02-2007, 11:52 AM
It makes you wonder about the OHS ethics of the yard that let him drive out of there too !!

Cheers

Pete

JEWIENEWIE
24-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I cant believe that the boat yard let them leave like that. Surely they would know that it is ilegal and bloody ridiculous. Even the ute would be better off towing it.:o :o . How would they feel if they read the paper the next day and found out they didnt make it to there destination.
Jewie

JEWIENEWIE
24-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Just beat me to it Grand Marlin, that was my immediate thought also!
Jewie

DR
24-02-2007, 12:14 PM
it looks like a big punt with a canopy & i can't tell if it has a motor or not.. how heavy would it be do you reckon???

DR
24-02-2007, 12:23 PM
it looks like a big punt with a canopy & i can't tell if it has a motor or not.. how heavy would it be do you reckon???

actually looks like it does have a motor, still, how heavy?? not much to those party pontoon things..

Shane Boese
24-02-2007, 12:49 PM
actually looks like it does have a motor, still, how heavy?? not much to those party pontoon things..

Dr
Dont know how much it weighed but i do know that it sat the 4wd on its backside. When she left all you could hear was the sound of the guards scrapping on the tyres.

Regards
Shane

Shane Boese
24-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I cant believe that the boat yard let them leave like that. Surely they would know that it is ilegal and bloody ridiculous. Even the ute would be better off towing it.:o :o . How would they feel if they read the paper the next day and found out they didnt make it to there destination.
Jewie

Jewie

Mate the boat didnt belong to the boat yard it was build out the back by a company that lease the back shed.

Regards
Shane

JEWIENEWIE
24-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah, no worries shane, i would find it hard to believe they would let a customer drive off like that.;) 8-)
Jewie

DR
24-02-2007, 01:59 PM
only reason i asked was that i have no idea what the weight of these things are..
here is a similar sort of thing from canada.. 26 foot long weighs 2295 lbs = 1041kgs http://www.southlandboat.com/00_AN/03_Catalogue/pontoon/catalogue_technical.php

90hp Yamaha 4 stroke = 168kg http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/products/subcatspecs/2/specs.aspx

a bit over 1200kgs.. V6 vitara can tow 1850kg on a braked trailer still over 600 kgs. to go . at the angle nit is going down the drive a lot of trailers would scrape..

so, just a bit of curiosity as to whether it is maybe not as bad as it looks..

nelton87
24-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Guys,
That trailer has one of those portable slip frames onit, Funny the guy who owns that business has a Suzuki Vehicle and he comes from manly.>:( >:( >:( >:(
Maybe he was being paid for this as a commercial business.:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Pity people like this put us all in danger on the road and gives us boaties a bad reputation, I dont think this guy evens owns a boat himself.
Nelton

DR
24-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Guys,
That trailer has one of those portable slip frames onit, Funny the guy who owns that business has a Suzuki Vehicle and he comes from manly.>:( >:( >:( >:(
Maybe he was being paid for this as a commercial business.:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
Pity people like this put us all in danger on the road and gives us boaties a bad reputation, I dont think this guy evens owns a boat himself.
Nelton
what is the name of the business, could ring & enquire about then ask how heavy one of those things is..

Lone_Wolf
24-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Ignorance is bliss, until you have an accident and then the mindset changes to... "nobody told us"

freefish
24-02-2007, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see him back it down the ramp.

sherkier
24-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Well I was there, and it couldnt of gone smoother, as per plan.

Azzmodeus

seatime
24-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd like to see him back it down the ramp.

I did!

They launched at Tingalpa Ck, Thorneside, right on high water just as I came back in. They had left just enough space for me to reverse around and retrieve the boat. A mate who was waiting wasn't so lucky, he ended up using the dirt ramp near the train station.
The launch went smoothly enough, I stayed to watch. The trolley was slipped off the trailer and lowered down the ramp with a strap attached to the poor Suzuki.
It floated, and the motor pushed it OK.

insideout
24-02-2007, 06:16 PM
i passed a suzuki towing a kevla cat 2400 on the bruce h`way!

gawby
24-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Come on fellas,
the power to weight ratio looks mighty fine to me.
Not enough power to pull it and plenty of weight to push it.
Graeme

Shane Boese
24-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Come on fellas,
the power to weight ratio looks mighty fine to me.
Not enough power to pull it and plenty of weight to push it.
Graeme

I like that Graeme

Shane

deony1
25-02-2007, 02:35 PM
The motor was a 30 hp.
The V6 Suzuki did not get "wiped out" or damaged.
The tow vehicle and vessel were fitted with flashing lights, oversize signs and flags and being towed during daylight hours on a purpose built trailer.
The vessel weighs the equivalent of your average 16 footer.
It's sad to see someone with politcal aspirations with the Fishing Party rely on speculation and bad judgement rather than simply asking a few questions as I did.
The operation was carried out efficiently without incident - I was there too!

DR
25-02-2007, 02:47 PM
The motor was a 30 hp.
The V6 Suzuki did not get "wiped out" or damaged.
The tow vehicle and vessel were fitted with flashing lights, oversize signs and flags and being towed during daylight hours on a purpose built trailer.
The vessel weighs the equivalent of your average 16 footer.
It's sad to see someone with politcal aspirations with the Fishing Party rely on speculation and bad judgement rather than simply asking a few questions as I did.
The operation was carried out efficiently without incident - I was there too!

thanks Deony1, thats all the info i required. did not think all was as looked..

BilgeBoy
25-02-2007, 04:45 PM
For Sale

1 x Suzuki 4x4
Only 1 idiot owner, low Klms, no clutch, needs some brake work. Minor droooop in rear rails from towing small boat to local ramp. Owner is keen for sale as he would like to downgrade. Has a new boat!!!

BilgeBoy