PDA

View Full Version : Bubble & Squeak

Raesen
22-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi Fisho's and Cooko's
Guys & Ladies
Just womndering how to cook (prepare) bubble and squeak (fry pan / camp oven) doesn't matter.
I have always had trouble keeping the patties together.
I usually use potatoes (mashed) peas, carrots, (left overs) and an egg (for binding). Too moist. Falls apart.
I hope someone can help me out where I am going wrong because there is nothing like bacon eggs and bubble and squeak for breakie after a big not on the (p) fish.
Thanks people
Pete:)

BobbyJ123
23-02-2007, 07:56 AM
G'day mate, only ever used left over mashed spuds and left over shredded cabbage. Squeeze excess liquid from cabbage , mix the lot with a beaten egg and breadcrumbs........Gotta go, just got hungry.

Raesen
23-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks bobbyJ I'll give it a go.
Pete

new boy
04-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Bubble & Squeak, I use only left overs potatoe, cabage, peas, carrots, etc
stir and put infry pan that has just fryed the bacon crispy, fry both sides till it is crispy dark brown, serve with fryed bacon and egg. Hot chillie sauce optional.
New Boy

Tangles
04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
my two cents,, it needs snags with it.. and yep squeeze that excess liquid mate
cheers
Mike

JewseeTHAT
07-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Good with a bit of leftover corned meat diced fairly small and mixed through too.

Mrs Ronnie H
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Pete
My mum always used to do this for breaky. She just put all the leftover vegies in a pan with some butter and heated it. Never made patties with the mix at all.
These days I mix the vegies and make patties. I Put all the vegies in a bowl with an egg, salt and pepper and break up a couple of slices of bread(Breadcrumbs) and mix it through. Make your patties and roll in extra crumbs or some plain flour just to hold them together. Make sure the mix isn't too moist or this is where you will have problems.:-*

Hope this may help.

Ronnie

Tangles
08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
ronnie, it sounds good especially after a late night,

patsdad
16-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Raesen,
Try adding some breadcrumbs into the mix. They will help dry the mix up a bit as well as help with binding the ingredients together