PDA

View Full Version : Could we have a "Sticky"topic for BOAT SAFETY

seabug
21-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi,
I was following an URL for a photo posted by whiteman and it led here

http://www.bbbalc.com/index.cfm?PageID=161&Menu=Boating

This would have to be the best list of boat and safety tips that I have come across.

It is on the Balgal Beach Boating Clubs website.

I am wondering if the club would allow it to be used on Ausfish
And if so,do members think it is worth making it a STICKY topic/thread
and would Steve agree.

Also do members know of any suggestions for improvement(if that is possible)

So ,any ideas ?

Regards
Seabug

blaze
21-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Like the one about marking the anchor rope. Thats a good link with some good COMMON SENSE ideas.
cheers
blaze

Brumby
21-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, some good ideas there and I'm sure that Ausfishers could add a bunch more.

Got to thinking about the "zipties" and anchoring though, not sure that I would want to rely on an anchor that only works properly if a little plastic tie holds fast. Knowing my luck it would let go on that one day when I'm sitting on a lee shore with a motor that won't start!

Kleyny
22-02-2007, 01:23 PM
brumby,
i use the trick with my anchor it seems to work well.
you would be surprised how tough two zippies are i replace mine every fourth or fifth trip as a general maintenance item.

i also like the idea of the clear glasses, sometimes my eyes get very dry and sore.

neil

seabug
22-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for replies.

My reason for posting was that I had not seen a checklist on Ausfish(perhaps I never looked hard enough).

With the number of members going from about 9000 in Dec.2005 to 17500 now, I am sure there must be some that need a checklist.

I thought that if the list was made as a permanent topic then boaters would be able to print it off and laminate it.

If kept in the boat with a wipeable feltip pen it would make sure that the boat was really ready for the water.

So if you think the idea has merit please indicate ,so Steve will get an idea of members thoughts.

Regards
Seabug