PDA

View Full Version : 20.2.07 Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

mono
20-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Haven't placed a report for a while so heres a Quick pic from this mornings trip. Also got Spanish and Spot mackerel as well as Wahoo. It was one of those days when sitting back have a rest was NOT an option!!

Cheers
Capt Mark 'Mono' Stewart

3Vs
20-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeh thanks - really needed to see that (not).

Sarcasm aside - lt looks like a nice days work.

Pistol_P
20-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Looks like an awesome session on the wahoo mate......Where was that off ?
Goldy?

Tony_P
20-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Good Stuff there Mono..... Hope those Hoo stick around for my trip out with you in a few weeks...

The pics are a bit small though..

Cheers Tony

tunapikus
20-02-2007, 04:00 PM
nice catch there fellas

maxwellson
20-02-2007, 04:07 PM
great fish mono whats the temps out there at the moment ????

happy customers eh !!!!!

well done.....

paul

aussiefool
20-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I uses this site to get an average water temp. Just click on where you are

http://www.marine.csiro.au/remotesensing/web_point/

snapperm8
20-02-2007, 06:30 PM
yer nice mono great ones there

cheers dave

disorderly
20-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Looks like some happy punters there.good stuff!

O SEA D
20-02-2007, 09:37 PM
The weather must be a bit better down your way than here on the sunny coast.Bit to rough to get out up here.
Have you seen any good numbers of Spanish this year down your way?

mono
21-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Pistol-P, location was just south of the Goldy;)
Tony-yes the pictures are a bit small but I was pretty stuffed when I posted them. Went out again today and after wearing 3 large ones on the bar:-/ fished close to home because the easterly was blowing early. Still managed a spaniard, 4 big spotties- up to 7kilo and 3 great cobia. They should hang around for a few more months for you Tony.
Paul the water temp has been between 24 to 25.7. Yesterday and today although the weather was crap the water a hindred yards of the beach was blue and 24.7C, awesome.
O Sea D I have only just started fishing for the Spaniards because the wahoo and marlin have been going off! If some bait starts moving in closer I think things could get really good.
Cheers
Capt Mark 'Mono' Stewart

webby
21-02-2007, 07:40 PM
So when can we come down for some of your ZZZZZZZ's hehehe
regards

mono
23-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Brian,

You want some Spotties like this one caught yesterday or another Sail?

Cheers

PinHead
23-02-2007, 07:33 PM
any spare dates ?????????

cobiaman
24-02-2007, 07:20 AM
nice spotty, how far is brunswick from the goldy and do u have any spare days that we can book in?

wak69
24-02-2007, 10:32 PM
hi mono, I read your articles every month in bush n beach for years and a big fan, how many people can you take and how much. thanks sam

mono
25-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Pinhead, Wak69& Cobiaman,
Sorry but I'm booked solid till early May for weekends and start of April for weekdays.
Its about a 35 minute drive from Tweed Heads Cobiaman.
Wak69, all the details about my trips are available here on Ausfish at;
www.ausfish.com.au/bpc (http://www.ausfish.com.au/bpc)

The fishing is still excellent and the water on the inshore reefs today was 25.3C !!
Cheers
Mono

webby
25-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Not interested in Spots Mate, need a fix on some Hoo's, new job allows me to do many mid weekers now heheheheh, I'll supply the Burbon and the board shorts heheheh
regards

mono
25-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi Brian,
The Hoo were a bit quiter today, only landed five around 12kilo.
Just had a call from this Thursdays clients and MAYBE it could become vacant- I will know for certain tomorrow.
Maybe you could round up the Nuggstar and Aussteve and we could do a 'Research and development' trip?!!
My FAD had some big dollies on it today but it also needs some new CD's hung on it to make it flash a little more!!
Anyway I'll know more tomorrow nite.
Cheers

webby
27-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Sounds like the go mate, watch out Hoo's ;) or better still might be time to upgrade the sail by a few kilo's
c u thursday
regards

Roo
28-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Went out this morning with mono as a guest of a supplier for a product awareness seminar (otherwise known as fishing Junket). Weather was looking unfriendly, but call was made to have a look anyway. Copped a wave on the way out just to wake everybody up and then 20 mins later, the weather went to Poo. we managed a few small spots and doggies before pulling the pin early. back by 9am and a good thing we were as the bar was a bit ugly and only getting worse for all the other boats still out there. I reckon some of them would have had a rather rude return trip through the brunswick bar.

For what its worth, great boat mono. really comfortable and handles those ugly seas like nothin I've ever been in before. Pleasant change from the usual Ex cray boat that seems to be the usual charter operators ride. Will have to come back again to get out to the musical FAD. I could even donate a few Cd's I have hanging around the office:P

cheers, Roo.

mono
01-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Roo, nice to meet you yesterday. Sorry about the weather but I think we made the right call to come home early as I checked the ocean and bar a few hours later and it was VERY nasty.
Watched one boat coming in and he got caught on a pressure wave- not going anywere- and the next wave filled the back of his boat! Luckily it washed him into the river and his motor was still going.
Sorry about the 'washdown' going out through the bar but I swear I seen some slimies swim past the windscreen in that green water!!
Thanks for the comments on the vessel- yes she is a great, safe seagoing boat its just a pity the weather turned nasty because it would have been good to get use out to the 'Wiggles' FAD and hooked into those Wahoo.
Thanks for the offer of the Cd's but they must be up to the standard of the Wiggles!
Didnt even attempt to take Webby this morning with the northerly still blowing so a good chance to go and tie some new rigs.
Cheers

themissus
01-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Mono,
Are you going to post details of the previous days exctiement??
Cheers Kim.

roydsy
01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Mono, any pics of your boat mate.... always interested in what people go offshore in?