PDA

View Full Version : Beachmere - Caboolture River

Raesen
19-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi all

A simple question.

Planning a trip to Beachmere/Caboolture River Sunday morning (early, on the water by 5). Trying to get out the front for a drift before the wind gets up, then back up the creek. Just have a small tinnie.

I noticed on the Beacon to Beacon that there is a boat ramp at the end of Uhlmanns Road.

Question, what is the boat ramp like for launching and retrieving a small tinnie, 2 people to get off and bring in, as well as security. Have all the locks on trailer, car etc, but you know what it is like nowadays. Live on the northern suburbs and would prefer to travel to Beachmere ramp if that is better.

Any suggestions for up the creek when we come back (don't say with a paddle) and I don't expect your secret spot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pete;D

silver19
20-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Hi Pete
Know nothing about the fishing around there but know the Uhlmanns road ramp has a few problems. it`s hard to launch anything of any size there as the ramp is very flat. a small tinnie should be alright. I do remember a thread here before xmas about security concerns- might be worth doing a search. All in all I think I would drive to Beachmere for the peace of mind.
Cheers John

Raesen
20-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks John I think I will take your advice. Beachmere it will be.

jm82
20-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Pete, The ramp at the end of uhlmans rd is really long on a low tide . I generally use that ramp when i acess the river. on a high tide its not to bad 4 guys with tinnies but any boat that u may have to float off its a real pain.

Raesen
20-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks jm82. I think the extra few klms to Beachmere will be the way to go.
Pete

wide_body
20-02-2007, 04:01 PM
low tides not to bad.. cause u just drop it off at the end.. drops right off!! but on high tide the only way i do it is drop it off the side.. saves gettin the car in the salt... as for your car and trailer, just make sure its locked up and nothing is visable in your car!! had my trailer flogged from there!! but bechmere ramp is a lot beta and probably safer.. but for me uhlmann road ramp is only 5 mins away!! if heading up the river on low tide.. be careful around baker's flat.. very shallow!! with the fresh around u might be beta fishin the shelly banks at the mouth or the sand bar derictly opposite of it.. good luck and post wat ya caught

seajay535
20-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Ive never had a problem at that ramp for years putting my tinny in and out alone .like everyone has said low tide no drama ramp drops right off half tide use side of ramp high just straight in off the bank beside the ramp.I have never had anything stolen over a lot of years using this ramp but i wouldnt leave my car there overnight.

Raesen
20-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks Wide_Body and Seajay.
I appreciate. the advice. I think I will stick with Beachmere this weekend but what I will do is look at the tides over the next few weeks and go for a drive and look see at different times.
I;m probably only 20 mins away if its OK.
Thanks Pete

choppa
20-02-2007, 09:14 PM
mate if worse comes to worse,,,, travel down beachmere rd to the marina and launch your tinnie from there,,,, theres a courtesy box for donations,,, your car and trailer are safe in the yard,,, and if you've ever seen some of the boats that come outta there,,, you have no dramas with tide,,,,,,,,

nice bunch of blokes who work there as well,,,,,,,,,choppa

Raesen
21-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Choppa
Never tought of that and I know the marina you are talking about. Thanks mate
Pete