PDA

View Full Version : Water pump

ovakil
18-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a Shur Flo waterpump that runs to a sink & a shower on ductboard.I was using sink yesterday fine,using shower today ran for 2 seconds stopped working.Checked wiring there is still power into pump.Is there anything I can pull apart to check?I'm guessing pump is about 10 years old.
The pump is rated at 10.6l/min at 45psi.If I have to get a new one I want to get a more powerful one,as when I have a shower on ductboard I can't raise showerhead above chest high when it loses pressure.What should I look for more psi or l/min?
Thanks.

Dignity
18-02-2007, 09:17 PM
imho would think psi more important as this will improve the height perspective. l/min doesnt really tell you much other than that is the volume of water the pump can push throough at the same level as the pump, the high you need to lft the water the higher the psi you will need,

Angla
18-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Look at the pressure switch. There could be something blocking it or the contacts could be crook. It should be just screwed onto the nose of the pump. When you pull it apart you may find the micro switch stuffed. $3.95 from Dick Smith. Replaced mine today and hope yours is that simple too. Mine was a Johnston pump but I think they are the same type of unit.

Chris