PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for Honda Service (SEQ)

whichway
17-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi

Live on southside of Bris, and have a Honda. Options for service seem to be Leisure Marine, Brisbane powerboats or go for a long drive to Northside marine. Not really a very inspiring choice or am I being harsh

Whichway.

paulp
17-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Don’t cross the river to the NTH
The question should be where you can get your Honda serviced at a fair cost
Just got my 90HP serviced at 300 hrs and was hit with a bill of $494.00 including gst
They checked a lot
Parts where $126.00
Labour was $325.00
There was a lot of checking and what was to be a same day service ended up 3 days one of the excuses given mechanic sick
There was nobody there to explain or run through what they had done

And yes it was a large Boat dealer on the NTH SIDE
Maybe I am a whinger
>:(

finga
18-02-2007, 06:13 AM
LM is out....

whichway
18-02-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi

Anybody ever user Queensland Powerboats or should I just go to say Wynumm Marine (who don't sell Honda) - Its only a carburetted 40 hp, so its not too high tech.

Whichway.

3Vs
18-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Mate

PM Spaniard King (Garry), who has a mobile marine business, or me and I will send you his details. Garry has all the paper qualifications, especially Honda - and actually knows what he is talking about into the bargain.

Shane Boese
18-02-2007, 10:33 AM
LM is out....

WHY???????

finga
18-02-2007, 10:41 AM
WHY???????
I have been there a few times and had nothing but trouble with after sales service.
On one occassion my new Humminbird 3005 deep I purchased there and when it stuffed up 2 months later they didn't want to know about me. I went directly to BLA and couldn't have be happier.
On another occassion I was looking for a 15hp Honda and they had 'new' ones out the front with no compliance plate on them.
This alone I was a bit suss about.....????
They were the old square shaped 15hp one and they were trying hard to pass them off to me as new. This was last year and the suare shaped ones went out a long time (years) before that.

tim barra master
18-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Mate after a really bad experiance with northside marine
I would reccomend anyone else they did not check or change a waterpump when at sceduled service and that caused me ages of greif and after spending three days at there shop on three occations and over 600 hard earnt dollars of wrongfull diagnoses it was found to be the waterpump impeller that should have been found at routine service was causing an overtemp sensor to shut down the engine
I will not ever touch another honda and neather honda or northside were prepared to listen to my complaint inregards to my out of pocket
They blamed me for playing with it they charged me to rebuild the carbs they ran the motor for a day in there tank at my expense But they would not water test it on a boat when after only 5 minuets would play up every time when trolling I eventually rang the techs in melbourne to find what the problem could be and sought the correct answer. GOOD ONE GUYS.

Shane Boese
19-02-2007, 06:07 AM
I have been there a few times and had nothing but trouble with after sales service.
On one occassion my new Humminbird 3005 deep I purchased there and when it stuffed up 2 months later they didn't want to know about me. I went directly to BLA and couldn't have be happier.
On another occassion I was looking for a 15hp Honda and they had 'new' ones out the front with no compliance plate on them.
This alone I was a bit suss about.....????
They were the old square shaped 15hp one and they were trying hard to pass them off to me as new. This was last year and the suare shaped ones went out a long time (years) before that.

Finga

Mate so what you are saying is that because you had a problem with the sales staff you think that the service staff are the same and are out to do the wrong thing thing by you.

Mate please don’t that this the wrong way but whichway asked where he good get his Honda serviced for which you said “LM is out”. You’re above post makes no mention off you having your motor serviced there so how can you comment or make judgment on the workmanship of the service staff.

Regards
Shane Boese

rubba
19-02-2007, 07:02 PM
sundown marine profesoal and do great job

Spaniard_King
19-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Didnt Know sundown was a Honda Dealer ???

northernblue
19-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Being new to Brisbane I am amazed that this all the options we have for honda servicing.
In Darwin the majority of dealers are honda agents.

Roughasguts
19-02-2007, 10:17 PM
I get the parts for my Honda,
at the lawn mower place where I bought it.
They service them too, but would rather do it meself.

sid_fishes
20-02-2007, 07:44 PM
talk to garry [spaniard_ king] he knows his stuff. cheers sid