PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex - After Sales Service?????????

Obi _ Wan
17-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Has any other member experienced problems in obtaining extras for Quintrex Boats?
Just on Two years ago i purchased a new 4.35 Hornet Trophy, upgraded the motor to a 50hp 4 stroke, had the live well plumbed (cost me nearly $700.00 for an extra bilge pump, a few fittings and a piece of plastic hose, very highly priced in my opinion just for the live well) also a side consul and a few other things.
When i got the boat i was very pleased with the performance, best tin boat i had ever been in. I use it chasing Barra in the Northern Impoundments and in the Estuary around Brisbane as well out into the Bay on suitable days, a beaut fishing platform.
Just over 12 months ago i ordered a lean seat, genuine Quintrex, and waited and waited, after about 4 months the lads had one made for me, not Quintrex, the original one that was ordered for me still has not shown up.
Last November (2006) I ordered an extra seat, asked for a genuine Quintrex one as i wanted it to match the other two seats that come as standard just in case i ever want to sell the boat.
We are now nearly at the end of February 2007 and still no seat from Quintrex, thats another bloody 4 months and no action.
Has any one ever tried to contact Quinrex? Look at their web site, no contact number other than their dealers, go to the telephone books, not listed either under Quintrex or Telwater, not good when even their dealers can not get any response.
Any advice from you people????????? or maybe we should all start buying other brands?

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

25_ponies
17-02-2007, 04:39 PM
mate, not sure which phone book you looked in -

Obi _ Wan
17-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that 25_ponies. Mate i looked in both the white and yellow pages (hard copies)
I'll give them a call on Monday.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

Fish Guts
17-02-2007, 10:10 PM
when dealing with quintrex its a lot easier going straight to their factory at coomera. you will find most of the bullshit stuffying around is due to the dealer not chasing up your order. that is an absolute disgrace to be waiting 4 months for a seat. i got a whole boat resprayed there under warranty within 2 weeks of seeing the guys at the front desk at the factory.

hope this helps
cheers
fishguts

Obi _ Wan
17-02-2007, 11:19 PM
G'Day fishguts, you may be right although i hope not, one likes to think that the dealer whom you spend a lot of money with will look after you?

The 4 months wait was not just for the one seat, 12 months before i waited that long for a lean seat before a one was made for me, and not from Quintrex.

Obi_Wan

charleville
17-02-2007, 11:28 PM
when dealing with quintrex its a lot easier going straight to their factory at coomera.

I concur with this. I had a problem with my Quinnie soon after I bought it five years ago. It was a design problem so I went straight to the factory via letter or email (cannot remember which) and with pictures.

The problem required welding of an extension piece of aluminium to the keel. They fixed the problem at the factory really quickly and were extremely courteous about it.

I remain very happy with my Quinnie.:)

Obi _ Wan
18-02-2007, 07:54 PM
G'Day Charlie, Thanks for your reply. I have be contacted by a Person from Quintrex who has given me a name and a number to contact so my on going problem can be fixed.
What do you think of the weather we are having at the moment? it's driving me mad, i drive across the Hornibrook Bridge every morning on the way to work , it always seems to be great fishing weather during the week and blows out at the weekend, just can't wait to get back into the snapper out the front of Redcliffe.

Once Again Many Thanks to those who have helped me in this post.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

tim barra master
18-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Gday mate I just put a link on about lean seats What height did yours measure when in its hole? thanks Tim.

Obi _ Wan
18-02-2007, 09:04 PM
G'Day Tim,
The lean seat that was made up for me measures 710mm from the deck to the top of the seat, thats when its in the hole, remember it not a genuine Quintrex seat.

My 4.35 hornet has a built in fuel tank which is 65 litres and i believe that pretty accurate.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

NAGG
18-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Has any other member experienced problems in obtaining extras for Quintrex Boats?
Just on Two years ago i purchased a new 4.35 Hornet Trophy, upgraded the motor to a 50hp 4 stroke, had the live well plumbed (cost me nearly $700.00 for an extra bilge pump, a few fittings and a piece of plastic hose, very highly priced in my opinion just for the live well) also a side consul and a few other things.
When i got the boat i was very pleased with the performance, best tin boat i had ever been in. I use it chasing Barra in the Northern Impoundments and in the Estuary around Brisbane as well out into the Bay on suitable days, a beaut fishing platform.
Just over 12 months ago i ordered a lean seat, genuine Quintrex, and waited and waited, after about 4 months the lads had one made for me, not Quintrex, the original one that was ordered for me still has not shown up.
Last November (2006) I ordered an extra seat, asked for a genuine Quintrex one as i wanted it to match the other two seats that come as standard just in case i ever want to sell the boat.
We are now nearly at the end of February 2007 and still no seat from Quintrex, thats another bloody 4 months and no action.
Has any one ever tried to contact Quinrex? Look at their web site, no contact number other than their dealers, go to the telephone books, not listed either under Quintrex or Telwater, not good when even their dealers can not get any response.
Any advice from you people????????? or maybe we should all start buying other brands?

Cheers,
Obi_Wan Obi_Wan ...... Yeh the option costs ($700 to plumb the live well is ridiculous) ..... You could do it yourself for about $100 ...... However it is a full days job now that you have to lift the floor & pull out the roto moulded well :( NAGG
PS I find that if the dealer is on the boil things happen quite quickly .... If not you can expect delays