PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo - Ballina

samsy
16-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Had my second attempt at catching a Wahoo today. I am glad to say the results were in our favour once again.

We were trolling for no longer than 20 minutes when the first sound of a screaming reel sent the heart rate into overdrive. A small black marlin was the culprit, which i was very happy with considering it was my first hook up to a marlin. However i cant stay i landed it. The fish was no more than 5 metres away from the boat when it rose its head and it gave the small azuri lure one more shake for freedom and it worked. Got to have a good look at it though

Trolled for a few more hours without any more hookups. Got a few hits but no hookups. Is this common to happen? It was suggested to us today that we should gun the motors for a few seconds when the reel screams. That way it ensure the hooks are sunk in and will hopefully generate a strike from any other fish in the area. Is this true?

Anyway a couple of hours went by and than we finally managed to hook a Hoo.Than another not long after. ;D They weighed 8 -10 kilos each.

The conditions were good and so was the company. A great day. Cant wait until next week.

Wayne_Red
16-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Great effort there fellas
I hope to catch one this season
wayne

snapperm8
18-02-2007, 09:17 AM
yer nice work 2 good hoos

cheers dave

Matt Tyler
18-02-2007, 10:08 AM
well done blokes