PDA

View Full Version : Any reports from the NT???

magik
16-02-2007, 04:55 PM
:-/ Hi there

I used to fish in Brissy and loved this site. I made it a compulsory to check this site before heading out of the seaway or across the bay but now i live in the NT;D . This is great for the fishing side of things but i am having some real difficaulty finding ppl from NT and also getting reports from in and around Darwin. I know the fishing network isn't as good as it is in Brissy but c'mon surely i'm not the only computer litterate bloke in the Territory who likes a fish. :'(

Any reports whether inshore, off shore would be greatly appreaciated and i'm sure not only by me. 8-)

Paul

Bin455
17-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Gday mate....I went fishing today out in the habour....I tried out woods inlet, Town hall holes and several other spots........caught 2 shark and a catfish......so bugger all fish but it was a good anyway....

Cheers
Bin

magik
17-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Cheers mate, Nothing at the holes? thats bad luck, There are some good barra creeks at woods inlet and it's not too bad for collecting bait i'm sure Jewies get up and around there, they'd have to given it's close proximity to the harbour and amount of baitfish around.

What shark were they? Reefies? What sized boat do you have, enough to reach the islands?

Ever tried the blue holes???

Paul

Bin455
18-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I have a 4.55 with a 50 Honda, so I would go out on a good day to the islands. Havent been to the blue holes yet but wouldnt ming heading around that way to the Vernons etc...... So what type of boat do you have???
Do you get out often? Ive only been out to Charles point and now in the Habour....so ive still got plenty of places to try.;D

magik
20-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Bin

I've got a 17ft brooker centre concole, with a 60 yammy. As i'm overseas and the boat is in Vic it's hard for me to get out atm but i'm back i 6 weeks and can't wait to pick up the boat and head out again. Maybe the islands, pernons maybe, ruby reef even. Got a lot of mates that have fished the blue holes with great results but you have to be careful of the tides...

Did you have much luck at charles point?

Paul

Bin455
20-02-2007, 06:04 PM
No luckat Charles point on the day we went either mate....it was neap tides and apparently out there it means no action....Ive seen the Blue holes on the maps and thes look ok, I might give them a try soon.....

magik
22-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Hey Bin

Yeah the blue holes are supposed to be the go if you can get in there as far as inclose fishing is concerned. Check the sounder as soon as you get into the mouth of it, should be around 20-25m, on a huge drop off, try there on the change of the tide, prop high changing to low as that way you can still get out of there, crocs abound so don't get too ambitious if you decide to wade around castnetting for bait or flicking for barra!

Laters

Paul