PDA

View Full Version : Lenthalls

Herby13
13-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Im heading to Lenthalls on the wknd i was just looking for some info on what the barra are biting on? i went and bought some 110mm slickrigs in 3 colours yesterday.

what technique?
Where are the fish located?

Any info would be appriciated.

bigdan123
13-02-2007, 01:27 PM
what technique? cast to weed beds and retrieve fast (so you dont weed up) at first then slow it down when the water deepens. and hang on ;)

Where are the fish located? all over the dam look for and fish points and snags

i might be out there Saturday look out for a silver rodeo with ausfish on the back come and say g-day

Dan

Herby13
13-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks dan i will look out for you. have they been catching some good barra up there lately?

bigdan123
13-02-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah mate
according to the catch records there are plenty of fish caught;);D

Dan

rayken1938
13-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I see that Maryborough had 70 mil of rain today how will that affect the road in . I am heading there on Thursday and staying till tuesday. I will be in a 12 ft booker tinney with aqualisers on the side and 4hp yahhmy and old prfma stickers on side.
Ray

bigdan123
13-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I see that Maryborough had 70 mil of rain today how will that affect the road in . I am heading there on Thursday and staying till tuesday. I will be in a 12 ft booker tinney with aqualisers on the side and 4hp yahhmy and old prfma stickers on side.
Ray

hopefully the road will smooth out a bit cause I'm sure it cannot get any worse >:(>:( then again at least you will be able to see the holes in the road.
take it easy and you will get there ;)

i will be at the dam from Thur's till sat doing some caretaking and recording so please any one who's in the area pop in and say g-day

Dan

Feral
14-02-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll be there as well Dan, hope to catch up as well!

warrior
14-02-2007, 07:32 PM
didnt think you could camp there at the moment what is the situation was up at hervey bay last weekend and didnt go out there because i thought you had to wait till the new rules came in to camp

bigdan123
14-02-2007, 07:43 PM
didnt think you could camp there at the moment what is the situation was up at hervey bay last weekend and didnt go out there because i thought you had to wait till the new rules came in to camp

no mate I'm only relieving the caretaker for a few days
he has been looking after the construction site while the works are going on ;)

Dan

warrior
14-02-2007, 08:22 PM
what about the other men talking about being there for a few days how does that work ,are they travelling in from maryborough each day?

bigdan123
14-02-2007, 08:34 PM
i think they are staying at burrum caravan park :)

Dan

Feral
15-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Yep, there is 6 or 7 of us from the BFO site staying at Burrum Caravan park. Fishing the Dam during the day and Burrum river at night ( coz the water board are not sociable enough to let us on the dam at night!). If your around and see anyone in a BFO shirt, say g'day!

Rob_Bartlett
15-02-2007, 08:45 AM
G'day Herby 13

The barra are definitely still on the chew. We were there yesterday and still caught them through the rain. They are a bit more structure bound at the moment with the reduced temperatures and a bit of extra water in the dam, albeit only 6 inches or so extra water so far. We found them all over the place mainly on points with jackalls and 100 mm slick rigs. 6 legal fish from 62 to 68cm and another 14 from 51 to 56 cm came at regular intervals during the day. While it was raining heavily they came away from structure a bit more but most of the time our lures had to be within inches of the weed and snags. Also 14 bass were taken between 36 and 47 cm.

The road in is still very ordinary and the rain definitely hasn't helped except that it makes the holes easier to see since they are full of water. I think it is still posible to camp at Wongi Waterholes which is near the dam.

Rob

Herby13
15-02-2007, 10:04 AM
gday rob_bartlett, its thomas here mate, i posted this post tuesday before we went for a bit more info. good report but.