PDA

View Full Version : on the hunt

lea pendergast
13-02-2007, 07:49 AM
morning all,
After going without a boat for awhile now we have finally decided that we really need to buy another boat, there is too much we are missing out on. Can anyone recommend any second hand boat dealers that are reputable in the brisbane gold coast area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Lea:o

seatime
13-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi Lea

There are a few yards that sell boats on consignment, alongside their 'new' stock. One yard I've had dealings with will put 2nd hand consignment boats thru an inspection/check before offering them to the public. The mechanical check involves an engine compression test and checks of general hull and trailer condition and safety. The exact details, I'm not completely sure of, but maybe a similar sort of report would be something to look for.
What type of boat are you after?

Steve

snelly1971
13-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Contact Pete...(Grand Marlin) I am sure he will be able to put you on the right path...

QuintrexII
14-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Pete should put you on the payroll Snelly...lol

snelly1971
14-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes he should haha...just trying to help....Its very hard to find people who are honest these days...i dont think there would be much difference between a car salesman and a boat salesman....hence why i said contact Pete...

snappa
15-02-2007, 12:11 AM
contact snappa

SgBFish
15-02-2007, 09:26 AM
What are you after?

lea pendergast
19-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Lea

There are a few yards that sell boats on consignment, alongside their 'new' stock. One yard I've had dealings with will put 2nd hand consignment boats thru an inspection/check before offering them to the public. The mechanical check involves an engine compression test and checks of general hull and trailer condition and safety. The exact details, I'm not completely sure of, but maybe a similar sort of report would be something to look for.
What type of boat are you after?

Steve
Thanks steve really appreciate the input. I am not sure what I am really after, just that we have a budget of about 20grand, so at the moment just shopping around to see what is out there and hopefully not to get ripped off. I have aquarius looking for us as well so its great to have people advising us and especially to be so honest.
Cheers Lea

FNQCairns
19-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Another way of looking at it is if you have 20k to spend at a dealers, you will probably end up buying the same boat you could have bought for $14k private sale or if you bought a private boat for $20k that boat would cost you $26-28K at the dealers.

Just a thought if you live in ausfishes populated areas, chase private boats down then ask here for advice and for someone here to run an eye over it for you, it's a boat, many dont mind and consider it recreation (i know I do).

Also when past that stage pay someone to check it out fully before towing it away.

cheers fnq

boatboy50
19-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Lea,

I live and work on the Gold Coast. Let me know what style of boat you are after, and I can keep an eye out for you. I know many people in the industry and usually find out about boats when they come up.

Regards

Darren

BilgeBoy
19-02-2007, 10:22 PM
"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweet tast of a cheap price"
Aint this just so true....and haven't we all been bitten. I would say, first know what you want. Go out and start looking at the differnt boats in your price range...then look at all the pro's and con's of each model. Research will make sure you have a pleasurable experience...and not left with your head in your hands!

Then make sure you visit both the private and commercial prices. This way ...you will know in your heart that you got a deal!!

Happy hunting!!

BilgeBoy