PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Comp. Disruption

shayned
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Not sure if this is the right board for this or even if there is a right board? Admittedly I'm probably muck raking but I found this link on a Victorian Site and found it interesting. Have a look at some of our fellow southern fishos taking a Qld Vegan Site to task. I'm unsure whether to cheer on the fishos or revert to my natural one eyed state on all things Qld and support the dark green coloured Maroons. After all they may be PETA supporting Vegans but they're our PETA supporting Vegans. http://www.vegsoc.org.au/forum_messages.asp?Thread_ID=3265&Topic_ID=8 ::)

Blackened
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
G'day
interesting find shayned.... now I know where all the people aren't quite ok in the head like to congregate....

This bloke lives in FNQ, wants to jump into the water where people are fishing during a comp and splash around to scare the fish??

Sound like he will be attracting the crocs to me.... let him go:)

Dave

BR65
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Go the fish eaters

straddie
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Just another fool that doesn't think things through particularly well, not unlike those that suggest dropping engine blocks in trawlers paths and throwing sinkers at passing jet skis.

Feral
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey, got no problem with the last one there, but casting them means you dont have to waste sinkers :) just wind it back in for the next shot!

The fishermen should offer them a couple of nice big shiny life preservers to hold onto while they are splashing about, in about a 19/0 size....... just about right for tucking each arm in.

Obi _ Wan
12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
What a strange bunch of idiots, they talk about cruelty to fish, what about their cruelty to plants?

Plants have feelings, so i have been told in years past, i have seen reports where plants that have had certain music played to them do much better than those that don't?

These people are just a waste of good fresh air, let them see what happens if they jump into the water where i am fishing.
I would not fish where they were swimming, common courtesy.

It's about time they grew up or got a bloody job.

Obi_Wan

Kleyny
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
what can i say?????

what eva floats their boats

robersl
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
opps why don,t we just ban breathing lol love to see him bombing the south alligator river nothing like a bit of noise to get a ta croc'attention

onerabbit
12-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Such a great temptation to respond.............but for what.

There seems to be no greater biased group than the minority who thinks they have something to prove, if for nothing else than to make themselves feel better.

Each to their own, I tried vegetarianism years ago in my hippy days, but went back to killing & eating meat.

Maybe if they were that affronted they could respond to this thread ???

Muzz

TIMMY 666
12-02-2007, 09:48 PM
What a bunch of highly intilligent people, no really, i'm quite confident their well thought-out plans to ' "ruin" some of these comps by doing bomb dives from the water's edge' will prove sucessful. ::) ::) :P

Tim.

geoff72
13-02-2007, 09:48 AM
keep a fresh bucket of really bloody burley and if they happen to be jumping around your boat,throw the burley in with them.

Brett1907
13-02-2007, 10:11 AM
If they jump in the water up north they will end up as food for the sharks or crocs, stung by box or iriganji jellyfish. If they do it down here (In the Coomera river) the bull sharks would probably have a go.

Although they would spit them out, I mean who likes brussel sprouts!!

If they try it in front of me while I'm flicking lures, well, I won't stop. They probably fight like a wet sack of...... hemp when hooked anyway.

Seriously though, do they not understand the logistics involved in feeding 6 billion people on plant life alone?

And aren't some plants carnivors too??

Brett

Bob H
13-02-2007, 10:33 AM
what a bunch of feral ,mungbean eating , ill informed dickheads,they have no idea of what is going on ,they are usually meat-eaters till something clicks in there head then bang i,m a vegan, waste of space i reckon, how dare they ruin a comp because they don,t agree with it . i dont like these sort of people wasting oxygen but nothing i can do about it. we dont go and disrupt one of there outings ,imagine if we ran through them when they were sitting under a tree,eating their organic bean sprouts, singing coom-bye ya , in their hemp clothing and sandalls, reiking of oil of petrule.bob h

bluefin59
13-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I went and read this load of garbage, i cant beleive the small mindedness of these vegie eating hairy underarmed ,braindead , morons barely worth wasting energy writing an answer to the short sighted babblings... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

slugo
13-02-2007, 03:27 PM
(Sorry mate didn't see you there).. did that anchor hit you in the head..

bigal
13-02-2007, 03:37 PM
quick. lets all run outside into our veggie patches and bomb dive onto them in an effhort to stop rabbits from eating them

CHAPPY
13-02-2007, 04:07 PM
vegetarians= problem
round-up = no problem

THESE SELF-APPOINTED GUARDIANS OF MISGUIDED MORALITY SHOULD NOT TRY AND DISRUPT MY FISHING.

BUSH BUDAH.

finga
13-02-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't mind them having their way of life at all.
If they don't bother me I won't bother them.
I eat fish (sometimes when I catch them) and they don't. That means there's more for me...and more steak...and more bacon....beauty I say and thanks.
One bloke asked who'd support his ideas to stuff up a comp.. How many said they'd actually help??
It would be an interesting newspaper article though if he did throw himself into a river in north QLD.
There was an interesting comment on that thread about the fisho's. Basically they said we don't preach in your forums about veganism so why try and change our way of thinking about fish.
Touche I say as when was the last time a vegan left a post here??
Leave them be and not let it worry you until the time comes (if ever)
:)

manchild
13-02-2007, 06:29 PM
The funny thing is this guys completely ignore the fact that without hunting and gathering we wouldnt be here today at all.In they mind our ancestors were all wrong and them and only them know the truth from a peta leaflet.They ignorance makes me throw up.
George

I didnt rose to the top of the foodchain to eat carrots ,i may add;)

Matthias
14-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Reading that just made me want to punch people. But also reading some of the replies here did too. There is nothing wrong with vego's. Look at India and tell me u can't feed the world on vegetables.

Pete.

Ps. vegans are different to vego's!

FNQCairns
14-02-2007, 08:53 AM
interesting read that thread, the word wacko! came to mind so many times while reading, it had already by sheer magnitude displaced a couple of the even more appropriate terms the deeper I got!. :)

Heading of now to scale a fish in the bathtub so I can have my memory jogged.:D

cheers fnq

Fishin_Dan
14-02-2007, 12:45 PM
vegans are different to vego's!

This is true.... Although they are not all nuts.... I was vegan for 1.5 years quite a while back, although due to simplicity rather than doctrine (My flatmate was vegan & i did most of the cooking)

Remember there are fanatics in every aspect of life that tarnish the whole group... Even in fishing

(This is not supporting PETA by the way)

lippa
14-02-2007, 03:32 PM
i joining up!!!!

wish me luck!

shayned
14-02-2007, 04:17 PM
Good luck mate, once they've one you over and you stop fishing can I have all your gear???????

lippa
14-02-2007, 04:29 PM
no , i will burn it so as not to hurt any more fishies!!!!!!

the thing that sucks is, i just wrote this ripper of a reply, not being a smartarse or rude. and alluded to the fact we a re all tarred with the same brush, signed off hit reply, BANG me stuffin computer crashed!!!!! bastards will get us fisho's anywhere!!!!!

cheers

lippa

Freeeedom
14-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I wonder if they euthenase their tofu in an ice slurry before they put it in the pan?
Cheers Freeeedom

Jaysea
14-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Just dont tell them its a shark fishing comp, we could encourage the splashing as much as they can. Mr bull shark would love a feed.

Stuart
14-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Instead of bitchig about it take the fight to their door. I have joined their web site and will soon be letting them know what the facts of life are. Dont underestimate these low life air eaters.
Stu

Luc
14-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I have no problems with peoples lifestyle choices.

I do have a problem when they try to ram it down my troath.

Each to his/her own.

You'll find it almost impossible to convert the fanatic element.

Luc

seabug
14-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Some of those people sure are a bit sensitive.

Just amazed at this response.
"I am childless and proud of it too, CC. Human kids drive me crazy, apart from the overpopulating the planet aspect. An hour at a local shopping centre should be enough to convince anyone that sterilisation should be mandatory! ":o :o :o

Pity her mother never had the same idea.;D ;D ;D

Also interesting comment that vegans can get essential oil to replace omega3 from hemp.

I wonder if this group are from Nimbin

Regards
Seabug

manchild
14-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Good luck Lippa , dont forget to ask how they feeling about pest controll::) That usually confuse them a fair bit.
George

cqfreshie
14-02-2007, 08:44 PM
What about the tool suggesting we should eat all of our fish ... gut, head, scales etc. It's a pitty they wouldn't eat all of their rubarb!!

sarg
14-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Manchild it's I didn't RISE to the top maybe you should have eaten your veggies? Stu you are a W@#ker!! Lippa why bother there not going to fish and will always be against it and your not going lay your rods down so what's the point? PETA has nothing to do with being a veg or vegan what so ever.

You tell them not to ram there idea's down our throat's, then you join there site to ram your's down there throat wake up. The post has been dredged up from age's ago, what the guy wanted to do never happened and the comp was nowhere near FNQ for those that didn't (or can't) read the full thread. All your doing is proving that part of the fishing community realy are as dumb as they say.

I'm sure it's my turn now so fire away.
Andrew

lippa
14-02-2007, 11:11 PM
my question to them sarg, before my computer crashed, was.

people have different beleifs and ideals, i don't like leume soup and tofu sandwiches, they don't like fishing or easting tasty lamb chops, why should i be interupted during a fishing comp by some right wing minority group facists. why would they wanto cause undue stress by introducing sound waves that possibly be more detremental to the aquatic environment, then me drowning a worm on a hook. i am never going to attend a vegan confrence with half a bullock over my shoulder.

i beleive my questions to be fair and not of a derogitry nature.

unlike your post.

dumb??

its obvious some of us are.

cheers

lippa

finga
15-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Also interesting comment that vegans can get essential oil to replace omega3 from hemp.

I wonder if this group are from Nimbin

Regards
Seabug
Leave Nimbin out of this mate....
My mum was born in Nimbin ;D
True, believe it or not....
Cheers Scott :)
PS My dear old mum or myself were not offended by any of the comments made throughout this thread ;)

manchild
15-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Sarg ,thanks for a spelling lesson i know i need it sometimes .Its helps improve my english which i dont think is too bad after only 10 years .As for calling people dumb because they dont embrace your opinion,well its just that -dumb .If you still open for a debate im all for it ,but please leave personal attacks out of it .
George

sarg
15-02-2007, 11:14 PM
George I am sorry I had no right to say that no matter how old you are. I didn't call anybody dumb because they didn't embrace my opinion, or theirs, there were a few pointless and silly posts made by fisherpeople that I think reflected poorly on us as a whole.

Lippa I didn't read your post nor say you are dumb, I just said whats the point it's not going to change anything you havn't seen them join our site and waste our time. there idea was stupid, they think navy sonars are sometimes responsible for whale beachings so it's probably not the brightest idea. I didn't read your post it took to long to read it in the first place but some of the clowns who joined there site obviously weren't the brightest.

Sorry again George and for the confusion Lippa
Andrew