PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers

Sabre
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on where or who has boat covers for a 17ft Half cabin? I'm after a cover that will go over the canopy/bimini without having to lay it down all the time. I have a fixed rocket launcher so I can't lay the bimini down without removing the r/launcher......very annoying......Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated.

spen175
13-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi

I have tried the poly tarps etc and they last about a year, just purchased a caravan cover on ebay was a much better price that a boat cover, the test will be time.

will let you know how it goes.

stevet

cliffo
13-02-2007, 10:05 PM
HI Sabre

I've been through the same problems with cheapo covers that last 5mins and even a good tarp will go for a year but that's it.
I ended up getting a custom cover made which covers my whole boat with bimini up and rocket launchers. Sunbrella Fabric,Guaranteed for 7 years.
Not cheap, but if my boat still looks brand new in 7 years then i suppose its worth it.
Here's a pic

Cheers

Cliffo

Fat Chilli
14-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Hi Sabre - Do you want it for travelling purposes or for stationary (parked) use only?
If it is for stationary use only; I went the Kenco 4wd car cover route, from Autobahn, it's not a snug fit (not even close) but it is light (tyvek), water proof and covers the whole boat (Signature 500c) including bait board and outboard cowl. If you want I'll post some pics when I get back home on Friday (currently fishing / Working in Cairns at the moment ;D ).

Fish Guts
14-02-2007, 01:35 AM
dont know where u live Sabre, but if in Brisbane pop into Brisbane boat trim at Brendale. The custom covers justin does are second to none, and most importantly your paint work will last for years. IMHO havent found a better trimmer and thats also resonably priced to these guys.

Honestly the tarps are useless. You'l get holes appearing and blue stringy shit falling all over your rig. and it also looks a bit ordinary compared to a nicely fitted cover.

cheers
fishguts

marco
14-02-2007, 03:15 AM
hey cliffo , who does the 7 year warranty for sunbrella , i was told 3 years for sunbrella and 5 for another brand but the same product as sunbrella .

Sabre
14-02-2007, 05:33 AM
Cliffo,

Greta looking set up, and I'd be interested to look at this as a long term solution also.......Fat Chilli, not a bad idea and yeah I'd like to see some pic's if it's not too much hassle? How long have you had the 4wd cover?

Thanks for the input guys......

Sabre

Brownbear
14-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Cliffo, i like the look of yours. But how much is 'not cheap'??
Thanks mate

Fat Chilli
14-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Sabre- will take some when I get home. The cover was used on my car for 3 years whilst I was overseas, has been used for the boat for 8 months now (since I purchased the boat). It was only used as I had it laying aroud, but works well.

Sabre
15-02-2007, 10:38 AM
FC,

Will look forward to seeing the pic's, and thanks for your assistance,

Sabre

Fat Chilli
11-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Sabre - Apologies for the delay, been all over the place lately.

Here are the pics of the tivec 4wd cover I use to cover my boat, as I said it's not a perfect fit due to being designed for a 4x4, but it works and was not being used. So I put it to use. It's loose around the bow, but ya get that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ausjeep/Fat%20Chili/Boatcarcoversideview.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ausjeep/Fat%20Chili/Boatcarcoverrear.jpg

Cheers

FC.

Sabre
12-03-2007, 06:51 AM
FC,

Thanks for the pics, seems like it does the jobs, so thanks for the idea.....

Sabre