PDA

View Full Version : Garlic bait

tunaman
11-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Has anyone tried putting a little garlic in your bait. I tried this not long ago, and it seemed to go well. The fish didnt seem to mind it, and as a matter of fact, I caught some nice fish with it. I heard someone on here used a garlic prawn and caught a nice bream. This could be a break through. It maybe not as silly as it sounds.

signed tunaman

wayneoro
12-02-2007, 05:49 AM
mate i doubt it when we have garlic in the evening meal our beagle turns his head away from me rude mutt but it is pretty funny

shayned
12-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Bream love it, especially chiken strips, the secret though is to keep the bait very, very cold.............................................. .... 'cause if the fishing sucks you can cook the left overs and still get a feed!!!!!;D

el_carpo
12-02-2007, 09:24 AM
I've seen soft plastic lures sold that had garlic scent added so there might be something to it Tunaman.

Dirtysanchez
12-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Tunaman you may have something here.. I am sure I have seen a garlic sent for sale in tackle shops in the past..
I like the chicken strips idea, must make sure I pack the gas stove :D

Plus it might marinate the fish before you even catch them if you used Garlic in the berley trail

Eh, whats a matter for you mister Bream :)

Mod11
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I have done the garlic thing and it works well. I even left the bait in the gut of the fish when I cooked it and the garlic flavour spread throughout the fish making it yummy :D

Also try it on chicken strips and if you don't catch anthing you can always take it home and cook it up. Even add some chilli and herbs. waste not, want not.

You should always probably taste test the bait yourself to make sure the fish will like it. ;)

maybe you post up a catch of the fish you caught one day and see if the bigger fish took the garlic bait and the little ones took the non-scented one ?

chilli

catalina
12-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah I think spike it make a garlic scent and some people swear by it for flattys bream etc. Can't imagine what they think they are eating though!

roz
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
I can't believe this....

Onya chilliman.

gone_fishing
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
yep
use garlic sauce mix either marinate a bit a of bait or dunk the bait in works pretty good
also marinate mullet pieces in seamieseed oil works well on bream flatties
give it a go
think its somthing corius for the fish to check out

shayned
12-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Believe it or not parmesan cheese also works.

gone_fishing
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
probably anything that has a scent that can catch the attention of the fish
coloured beads attach fish why not a stinky promise of a feed
when someones cooking a bbq im a looking:D :D :D

tunaman
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Well to all the people that are not smart$rse,s and have an inventive approch to fishing, garlic and other human foods seems to bring fish on. I have seen fish go
Quite hard on scrapes that I have put in the burley mix and left the fish pices till last.

signed tunaman

tunaman
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Step one. Open your bag of pillies.
Step two. Get some garlic sprinkels and give it a good shake into the bag.
Step three. Allow to soak over night in a bucket.

And their you have it. Garlic bait. And what you dont use, your cat will love it.;D

signed tunaman;D

Obi _ Wan
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Many years ago my old man used to make up what he called puddin. This consisted of a knob of garlic sausage, a block of kraft cheddar cheese and plain flour.
It was made by firstly mixing the garlic sausage and the cheese into a consistant mix then adding the flour a bit at a time ensuring that it was well mixed. This continued until you have a good doughy mix that would not stick to your fingers and you could pinch a piece off and mould a tear drop of the mix around your hook. This would stay on your hook for many casts if the consistancy was right.
I can assure you that this accounted for many bream, particularly the larger ones.

Cheers,
Obi_Wan.

Go the cruiser turbo waggons!

tunaman
12-02-2007, 09:43 PM
See roz, another one with brains.;D G day ob-won can-obe how the hell are you bloke. Its true some of these home made baits work well with some fish and bream seem to like it the most. An old man told me years ago about the garlic thing and Iam just wondering what they put in that dough bait you buy in the packet.

signed tunaman

tunaman
12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Gone-fishing. Thats spot on mate. I too think the same.

signed tunaman