PDA

View Full Version : General Trailer help Please

Hamish73
11-02-2007, 08:07 PM
I am doing up an old trailer for a small tinny. Currently it has no rollers or skids.
Where in Brisbane is cheap for rollers/skids/bearings/8" tyres/winch posts etc ?
Also I could use some advise on skid/roller placement.
Does anyone have any pics, or are there any hard and fast rules I should know about?
thanks
Hamish

blaze
11-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi Hamish
The trailer I have my 12 foot tinnie on has only one roller, at the end of the centre pole. It then has a series of skids fixed straight onto the centre pole. At the rear of the trailer it has to cross skids running paralell to the hull at the transom to take the rock out. It has a pipe welded up to about 3/4 of the heightt of the gunnel to stop it moving sideways.
As far as getting bits and pieces for your rebuild there seems to be quite a few reputable resellers up your way and someone on the boards will point you in the right direction
cheers
blaze

finga
12-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Active fabrication at Beenleigh for the parts.
And on the way there you can have a gander at a couple of my trailers sitting here for little boats for roller layout etc

Dirtysanchez
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Finga is on the money, alternatively if you are on the north side of Brissy, there is Vehicle components at Bowen hills (thereabouts)

Have fun

wiz
12-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi Hamish

I have 3 x 8" alloy wheels you can have for $60.00

2 have brand new tyres , the third has 3/4 tread

Im on the nth side if you are interested

cheers dan

Hamish73
12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi Hamish

I have 3 x 8" alloy wheels you can have for $60.00