PDA

View Full Version : Boat naming - Titanic?

tigermullet
08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
About nine years ago when the finishing touches were being put to the boat I thought about naming it "Titanic" but didn't have the guts to go through with the idea.

I have been wondering, off and on, whether anyone has been able to kick the fear of superstition and name their boat 'Titanic'?

longtail
08-02-2007, 07:38 PM
dunno about Titanic , but i saw a boat down at jacobs well ramp a few months ago named - 'unsinkable 2' :o

kinda makes ya wonder what happened to 'unsinkable 1' ::) ;D ;D

Jason.

Dicko
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I've seen the "TITANIC 2' name on a boat. (It wouldn't be on my list of potential boat names, but each to their own).

He's on here actually, he'll probably drop in. :)

snelly1971
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
My old worked dingy was called the Bismark.....something to do with my ancestors being German i suppose

cooky
08-02-2007, 08:34 PM
thanks Dicko - yep I am here. Yes I named my boat Titanic II - hopefully the photo works. A friend of mine had been giving me stick about my boat - he knows me well and was convinced I'd sink it - I tend to like speed / thrill, flogging anything I get my hands on.
Another mate has a signwriting business and did up the stickers.
it stuck

Roughasguts
08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
About four years ago I was thinking if I bought a bit of a wreck, and over insured it. Left it somewhere in Sydney harbour Then named it the Bin Laden.

Well Idon't know what would have happened to it.
One of my strange ideas during sleep deprivation.

tigermullet
09-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Damn. Four beaut names already taken. Though I still do not know whether I would be game to tempt fate - and it would be double bad luck to re-name.

It's nice to know that a few have been able to ignore superstition. That bloke with "Unsinkable 2" takes the prize equally with "Titanic 2";D

Cloud_9
09-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I have a 3.5 v nose punt called
THE TITANIC.
cos it sunk on its maiden voyage too.
I was not happy jan.
but the name stayed.
its been that for 4 years now.
top little boat.
Cheers Cloud 9