PDA

View Full Version : poor quality sea food

wayneoro
08-02-2007, 06:42 AM
my turn to make a bad buy uranguan frisheries in the past traverling through harvey bay have bought still frozen broken 7.50 k sand crabs 10-20k's but yesterday wanting a meal wife and i bought 2k's over counter the crab had being unfrozen for counter sale it was soft watery tasteless and some tasted sour not much of it was eaten yep being refrozen then refrozen then etc i though a big fisheries like that would be above cheap shots like that

wayneoro
08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
ok rang the fisheries will get refund or replacement crab no worries

snelly1971
08-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes we have an operator here who also advertises fresh Cray Fish...they are not...they have been cooked ...defrosted...refrozen and etc ..this to me is very dangerous as once fish is defrosted it should never be refrozen...

2DKnBJ
08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
That'll teach ya Roo.
You should be out catching your own.

Cheers Dazza

tunaman
08-02-2007, 10:41 PM
If you wont to be sure, catch your own. Thats ozzy.

signed tunaman

skippa
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah Wayne,

Ya spending too much time on the sand banks instead of getting onto the crabs in the Burrum river mate .. ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

wayneoro
09-02-2007, 06:07 AM
gee thanks guys i voted for kfc but the missus sand crab [the beagle was a tiffed at her choise] come time to eat she took one sniff and wanted to toss it out i picked through found a few that were just ok to be fair we always buy this crab from them every time we pass through harvey bay and it always been spot on lucky i had picked up hooters whisky had to wash my mouth out with it good ole hoots

skippa
09-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Wayne,

is that the same good ole hoots that you protect yourself by having the garlic bulb on top of your puter?? ::)

Could that crab have been Hootered then ?? ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

PinHead
09-02-2007, 04:38 PM
If you wont to be sure, catch your own. Thats ozzy.

signed tunaman

when you have a barbie..do u catch and slaughter the cow for the steaks..grow ya own veges...even make your own barbie plate. I buy seafood more times than I catch it.

finga
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
when you have a barbie..do u catch and slaughter the cow for the steaks..grow ya own veges...even make your own barbie plate. I buy seafood more times than I catch it.
Little hint for ya mate....gotta buy and take some hooks before you can catch a fish...

Thought I'd get in before TOL ;D

PinHead
09-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Little hint for ya mate....gotta buy and take some hooks before you can catch a fish...

Thought I'd get in before TOL ;D

I have lots of hooks...as I have said before..do you think it would have been safe to have them on board with those GOM around..the injuries could have been horrific.

BTW...have not seen TOL lately.

Poodroo
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
gee thanks guys i voted for kfc but the missus sand crab [the beagle was a tiffed at her choise] come time to eat she took one sniff and wanted to toss it out i picked through found a few that were just ok to be fair we always buy this crab from them every time we pass through harvey bay and it always been spot on lucky i had picked up hooters whisky had to wash my mouth out with it good ole hoots

KFC stands for Killed, Fried & Chundered. I'll stick to my own caught. Guaranteed to be fresh that way. ;)

Poodroo

tunaman
09-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Are you saying you havent cut up some nice steaks befour. man! you should try it some day.mmmmmmmm fresh road kill!;D ;D ;D

or are you saying you are the worst fisherman on the planet?

As for the BBQ plate, Mate! havent you heard, they,re easy to cut out in the workshop.::)

signed tunaman

INTIMIDATOR
09-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Try buying direct from trawlers.
I'f you dont ask you wont get.
Its worth the effort
Cheer's Payney

wayneoro
09-02-2007, 09:00 PM
accolade trawler owners stand to lose to much to risk breaking any laws i dont temp them anyway went back to fisheries today they replaced what i had paid for plus just one of those things we had a laugh all ended well i guess when you have being top product for 10 yrs hicups are harder to take ? expectations higher? if i had gone to normal fish shop i would have thought serves me right