PDA

View Full Version : kodak easyshare anyone got it? trouble

dogsbody
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Gday i am having trouble getting my photos out of this damn program. I can't send them to my docs or anywhere it says target cant handle this file or something like that. Any help anyone?

Dave.

Reel Nauti
06-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Dave, What program are you opening your pics in? If it is Windows picture viewer or similar, all you have to do is click on edit and then find the option that allows you to compress your photos. You might like to right click on the photo first and select copy then click again beside it ( not on another photo) and right click again and select paste. This will then give you the option to play around with a copy of the original photo. What the problem is, is that your photos are too large and you have to make them smaller. Around 100kb is ideal.
Try this and let me know how you get on. I hope this all makes sense to you.
regards

Suzi ..........reel nauti 2IC

trueblue
06-02-2007, 09:58 PM
My Mrs uses Kodak easy share... and it gives me the sh!ts!!! Go Sony Cybershot any day.

Best I can suggest...

When you download the photos, let it go by default into the albums. If you use total default settings, your photos should be downloaded to "Shared Folders/My Pictures/Kodak Photos" and the individual folder name for each download will be the date of the download, with all photos downloaded in that session under that folder.

Do not bother using the databasing 'photo sorting' or creating albums options as they will cause you all hells grief later on if you change computers etc, etc.

To use your photos, just go to the "My Pictures/Kodak Photos" folder and you will find the raw files in there, and you can do anything you like with them as they are a basic jpg file.

When you go to open them in this identified root directory folder, do not double click... as this will open with easy share which is hopeless. Instead, right click and choose "open with" and choose another program to open it like explorer, windows viewer, photoshop, paint, picture it, etc, etc.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll mail to you a screen dump of what I am talking about so you can see where the raw files are for yourself...

Cheers

Mick

dogsbody
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the advice Suzi i can open them ok it's just using them elsewhere thats the pain i'll give your suggestion a crack and see what happens.

Thanks Mick i'll try that as well see which is best.

Dave.

dogsbody
07-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Reel nauti i tried your option and it opened up in paint and could not locate compress option. I tried Trueblue method and had a result so i think i'm in the clear. Thanks for your time.

Dave.