PDA

View Full Version : BEST Deck Floor Covering

withoutatrace
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Looking at various options for floor coverings for the new boat eg carpet, rubbers mats, interlocking squares etc

Need something that will be easy to clean the blood, squashed pillies and everything else as well as be safe and durable.

What does everyone use in their boat and what do you recommend.

WOAT

Stubbie Holder
05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I have carpet, it is not too bad to look after. When it gets messy I just take it out hang it up and hit it with a high pressure spray let it dry and clip it back into place. Much nicer on the feet than a glass deck, if the boat was a bit bigger I would want teak though.

Stubbie.

finga
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I have those square foamy things that interlock together and you buy from the camping shops to put on floors and on the ground around tents and stuff.
They have holes all through them so all the guts and blood and sinker and hooks and stuff stay in the holes and not on your feet, they're slip resistant, cool on the tootsies, easy to clean and most importantly, they're cheap as chips. :)

seatime
05-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I've got this rubber matting on an alloy checkerplate floor, easy to remove, or wash out in situ, doesn't need to glued and doesn't move under foot. :)
Wasn't cheap tho :o

Had marine carpet glued over a ply floor in the 4m tinnie, that worked well, bit more cleaning needed, again not cheap. :-/

regards
Steve