PDA

View Full Version : OK Randall

Seagull
04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
G'Day All Ausfisho's
Got my first message from Randall & he suggested that I posted some sort of @##$%#@$ message...so here goes.

For many years Randall & I have been work colleagues he in sunny Qld me in rate race NSW.
That all changed a good 12 months ago when I accepted new job here in Gods country.
Anyway Randall always talked about fishing when we worked together & promised me he would introduce me to Lure fishing.
So back in June he took me out on his Polycraft for a days fishing to the reefs at Redcliff then back into the Pine when the wind picked up .
We caught zero not even a bite all day ,but I could care less , it was a great day out on the water.
Randall was dissapointed with the days takings & we organised another outing during July.
This time was a bit more sucessful, he with many me with my first fish on SP's even if it was only a grinner.We where unable to fish the Redcliff reefs as was too windy & choppy for 4.1 polycraft.
Our next fishing expedition was organised for a freshwater weekend up at Lentals, this was a first for me never freshwater fished before.
Well that was it for me my first ever real fish 62cm Barra what a buzz. (I hope picture is attached).

Since then I have got the bug invested in boat, a 4.55 polycraft ,dropshot rod, 2000 pen reel & upteen plastics lures.

Have had limited sucess with limited knowledge but having a great time learning & area & techniques.

I have invested in an electric & built a cast deck which needs more modification as is too big for family outings.

Reacently I complained to Randall about not getting any type of fish in 4 outings so he too me down to the Seaway for an early morning fish before work & had a great time catching tailor on northern point of breakwall before heading in for a hours drift for flathead a very sucessful mornings fishing with all fish being returned to fight another day.

Well that it for now I hope your happy Randall.

Greg

staggy
05-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Got to love Lenthals hey Greg. The only problem with soft plastics is they are so flamin addictive.
keep the reports commin to let us know how you go on further outings.

C Ya

Staggy

dogsbody
05-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Gday Greg welcome aboard, nice fish to kick off ya carear you'll find plenty of info hear to help out.

Dave.

bludog
05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Giday Seagull great to have ya onboard. That Barra sure did give ya the bug
top stuff look forward to hearing about future ventures on the water

Bludog

Poodroo
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome mate. Now it is official. ;) Gotta love fishing with Sp's. Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Poodroo

Randall
13-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Greg....you great girls blowse!!! Shut up about the no-fish trip ;-)

Glad your settling in up here and look forward also to more and more trips out there somewhere mate.

Randall.

PS....too windy this week for any serious surface action down the coast. Next week maybe?