PDA

View Full Version : pulled in

Cobia Kid
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
ever been pulled in by a fish....i have
yester day my dad and i were fishing near the power intake bridge at the calliope river,we were on a cement drain were water runs down.there was a streek of green mold (2ft wide) and the tide was going out.the lower cement at the bottem got wet and slippery as the tide went out.
the was heaps of mullet around so we put in a prawn on a 5/0 hook.
5 min later my 20pound braid was peeling of my baitcaster,my dad took his rod up to the top of the cement and he hears a big SPLASH!!!he tuns around and i hane slipped on the green sh!t and was being towed out .i manage to get to the cemet but cuoldt get up so dad tryed to help me and i said
"dont worry about me take the frigen rod " b4he landed it he said "YOU SHOULD SEE IT ITS A HORSE OF A GRUNTER" soon after he pulled me up with his leg.
after all that it was a 2 and a half kilo grunter.
to think...
he ask if i wanted to put it back!:o

plz,share sme of your weird and funny stories
cheers,jamie

DaMaGe
04-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Hahahahaa, great story...

I was pulled off my chair (and breaking it) "cheap folding camping chair" while grabbing a hand line that was floating out the back of the boat with a dead stripy on it and a set of 6/0's on about 100lb mono, when the chair broke I was moments over being dragged over the side of the boat but ended up letting it all go and watched my handline disappear. I called it for a shark or something at the time, hell of an experience, the deckie diddn't even have time to catch me nor help me it happened so fast, he wasn't impressed I asked to swap seats with him afterwards.

roz
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
You did'nt happen to have a photo???

Anyway, you are very luck to have caught a nice fish and no broken bones.

Well done & a good story.

r.

Brett1907
05-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Not wuite pulled overboard but close. Was 5yo trolling with dad and his mate on the east alligator in the NT. I was holding the rod cause dad was up front and his mate was steering. All of a sudden my but is in the air and someone grabs me before I go over. Even at that age I knew I didn't want to go for a swin cause there are crocks & bull sharks everywhere!

I didn't let go of the ugly stick though!! Ended up being a barra of about 16lb. Fought too hard for me so dad had to finish the fight for me. Dad also had to help me hold it up for the photo as was almost as big as me.

Brett

shayned
05-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Night fishing for barra off a bridge up north, the bridge had no hand railings and you had to stand on a 30cm wide bit of timber with cars pushing past close behind you. We were just kids and using 80 lb handlines with live prawns as bait. A big girl boofed my prawn and I set the hook only to get caught off balance and take a dive into the river. Luckily I managed to hang on to the handline and get a grip on a bridge pylon. My so called mate rescued,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the hand line (!!!!) and left me to swim for the bank. By the time I'd gotten back up on the bridge it was all over and my mate had a new personal best fish. Still havent forgiven him or myself for that matter.:-[ :(

snasman
05-02-2007, 11:49 PM
havent been pulled in or over but came close mid last year at the pine whilst prawning late at night with a cast net ,while waiting for the net to hit bottom I felt that lovely flick flick through the net then out of no where I was pulled off balance managed to smash my knee into the side of the tinnie and quickly remove the net from my wrist and tied it to the side rail a short game of pull tug occured and when I finally got it to the surface I had caught the biggest cat fish ive ever seen It certainaly gave me a bit of a fright and im sure glad now it was a cattie and not one of the bull sharks Ive pulled out of there.

snelly1971
05-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Never been close but if i did i wouldnt want to fall over where you took that photo snasman....of that croc...i mean...ouch..that would hurt....

moondancer
08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Great story Jamie! keep em coming mate!!! L

maztez
08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Another Darwin story..just before cyclone tracy I lived on the foreshore at nightcliffe around the corner from lims pub .Used to fish across the road at what I called My Rock .Using poddy mullet on a 100 lb handline I would spend some well earned stress releif and indulge in a few ambers.One night ( after about 8 or 9 ambers) ,I hooked up to a real good fighter.played him for around 10minutes and as I got him close to my rock,the barra decided to give one huge last dash for freedom resulting in me taking a dive into the black unknown .to cut it short I got him a corker of a saltwater barra .Sure sobered me up .
cheers Terry

Cobia Kid
10-02-2007, 12:13 PM
nice one terry