PDA

View Full Version : 3X2 gar

rusco
04-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Anyone know if there is anywhere in Brisbane where I can get about 50 3X2 garries...Need them for a reef trip circa 17th of this month...Need them bigger than the packeted stuff from the shops and in top condition..Can you pm me if you have a lead please.

regards rusco8-)

Luc
04-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Try North Pine Dam.

There's some large buggers in there.

Failing that, you could try the fish markets

Luc

roz
04-02-2007, 09:17 PM
When I was last up at Agnes, I bought some very big gar from Tony at Agnes Water 1770 Bait & Tackle 07 49749304.

I have never seen gar of that size sold in a tackle shop before, I bought 5 or so packets for trolling baits. The packets didn't have a supplier/brand name, but I am certain if you gave Tony a call, he may be able to point you in the right direction. Unfortunately he did mention that he doesn't get them regularly.

I used to catch my own from the mouth of the Tweed River & those gar were very big, used to get two or three different variety, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you what type they were.

If you live in the area and want to have a go at them, PM me for more info, I will be happy to pass on directions. BTW make sure you have an anchor you can trust!!!

best of luck

r.

rusco
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks roz and luc...found some 3x2 and saris at BCF.....website to check out for bait is terrys.com.au

regards rusco