PDA

View Full Version : Litter Bugs GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mad-One
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Went to try out a new spot on the Nerang river this evening but got there only to find someone else had beat me there. So my wife youngest son and myself thought we would try a spot opposite Bond Uni on Bermuda st as we always saw people there fishing. Get there and unload and walk down to the water only to find loads of rubbish everywhere:furious:. Bait bags,cordial bottles food containers and heaps of brocken beer bottles. So I went back to the car and got some Coles bags (only had 4 ) and picked up what rubbish I could and after I finished didn't even look like I'd done anything. Seems these lazy d*%#heads thought if they threw it all up against a tree it was ok. It's people like that that give responsible fisho's a bad name. It was that bad you couldn't walk around barefooted. It doesn't take much to pick up your rubbish before you leave.
There had my winge

Cheers Mad

tunaman
03-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Well said.

signed tunaman

alan00
03-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Good On Ya Mate !

blu
03-02-2007, 10:11 PM
What a gr8 lesson 4 your lad......but one he shouldn't have to have, if as you said lazy d*%#heads done the right thing..

fishphile
03-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Blu's right on the money. I bet your son will grow up with the same morals and vigilance. Unfortunately he will probably be posting the same sort of thread in the future. Some people just don't get it.

Well Done Mate
Cheers Dave.

Synful
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Well said Mad...

The amount of crap I see floating down the Barron River is unbelievable:

bait bags
drink cans
plastic shopping bags
chip packets
bottle tops
cigarette buttsNo wonder there aren't much fish around :(

finga
04-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Yep Mad-one there's no excuse for leaving the garbage and, as usual, in areas like that the council get the willies picking up crap all the time so they just lock the place up so no-body can use it.:'(

At least you did the right thing and made a tremendous effort. :thumbup:

If everyone that went there took 4 woolies bags it probably wouldn't take long to clean up after the few that'll eventually stuff it up for the majority of users
Be carefull of the possible sharpies though mate. You'd never know what's been happening there. :(

Mad-One
04-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Be carefull of the possible sharpies though mate.

Don't worry always have my faithful riggers gloves in the boot
It would only take for eveyone to take 1 woollies bag with them to bring home their own rubbish but I can't ever see that happening. Atleast some of us do

Cheers Mad