PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island Clean Up

whynott
02-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi All,
Our 4x4 club (Qld. Nissan Patrol Club) was one of 21 4x4 clubs that participated in the yearly Australia Day Weekend of cleaning up the rubbish up at Fraser. There were nearly 1000 people up there for the cleanup.
The 21 clubs were given sections of the island to clean up, and as a total around 80 cubic metres of rubbish was collected in a couple of hours on Saturday.
What a TOP effort, if I do say myself.
We had a great time up there, all except for the massive march flies that were out in force.
Here is a photo of some of our club cars in front of the Maheno.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/whynott/100_0293Medium.jpg
What a top photo, not a Toyota in sight.:) :) :)
Looking forward to next year, but have to get over the fishing expo in May first.
Heaps of Dart were caught along all the beaches, with only a little bit of weed.
Graham.

Shane Boese
02-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi All,

What a top photo, not a Toyota in site.:) :) :)
Graham.

Let me see. 11 nissan x 4 people = 44 people the other 956 people have Toyota's

Top effort by all who took the time to go to fraser and clean it up.

Regards Shane

DaMaGe
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Shame there is so much rubbish up there to have to remove. :(

BilgeBoy
02-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Top Job and thumbs up to the Nissan & other clubs:thumbup: The world is full of grubs and thanks to you lot one of our National Treasures can shine a little more.

Something all Aussies should practice...KEEP AUSTRALIA BUETIFUL :)

BilgeBoy

Alchemy
02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Let me see. 11 nissan x 4 people = 44 people the other 956 people have Toyota's

Top effort by all who took the time to go to fraser and clean it up.

Regards Shane

Is that why you got the Seadoo Shane? Cruiser can't cope with anything bigger? ;)

murf
02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
top stuff

well done to everyone who participated

thanks from us

cheers Murf

Shane Boese
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Is that why you got the Seadoo Shane? Cruiser can't cope with anything bigger? ;)

You know that aint true - the Cruiser dragged a heap of lessor machines from the sand last year at Fraser. It even towed a Nissan with boat attached through the soft sand high tide mark to it's camp site north of orchid beach.

Did you see the photo up the page? You'd never see that many cruisers stuck in the same patch of sand! The cruisers were all up the beach fishing!

Regards Shane

Alchemy
03-02-2007, 07:28 AM
You know that aint true - the Cruiser dragged a heap of lessor machines from the sand last year at Fraser. It even towed a Nissan with boat attached through the soft sand high tide mark to it's camp site north of orchid beach.

Regards Shane

Yeah I know, but couldn't resist the opportunity. Had to see if you'd bite :D

Shane Boese
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah I know, but couldn't resist the opportunity. Had to see if you'd bite :D

Hook, Line and Sinker

JEWIENEWIE
03-02-2007, 08:57 AM
By the look of that photo, they left some rubbish right in front of the Mahino!!;D ;D :-X :-X
Jewie

whynott
04-02-2007, 06:07 AM
You guys need to put your glasses on!!!!!!!!!!!
The Patrols are having a rest on top of the sand.
They had been busy helping out the Toyotas that had come to grief...:D :D :D

PinHead
04-02-2007, 06:28 AM
You guys need to put your glasses on!!!!!!!!!!!
The Patrols are having a rest on top of the sand.
They had been busy helping out the Toyotas that had come to grief...:D :D :D

having a rest ?? do the Nissans overheat or something when they do a bit of work ??

top effort guys...my tip..if these islands are not left clean I have a feeling that Fraser and Moreton will end up with no vehicles allowed on them...I can remember Moreton before any vehicles were on there..absolutely pristine.

Poodroo
04-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Well done for the effort guys. Next time be sure to toss the backpackers that create the mess on top of the rubbish pile. Will help weigh down the paper and plastic bags and stop them from blowing away again. :D

Poodroo

Brett1907
05-02-2007, 07:41 AM
You got ot take out what you take in. There are waste transfer stations on the islands, although they do smell to high heaven (the missus won't do the tip run with me again at moreton). Good to see you guys making an effort. I'll have to go with my club next year to get a photo of the rusting partols that got bogged in front of a ship wreck.

Brett

Dignity
08-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Graham, great effort. It never ceases to amaze me at how many campers will leave garbage behind and it is not just the "terrorists" as we like to call the backpackers. I camp on both sides of the island and we make sure the only thing left behind are our impressions. I agree with you that probably the largest amount of garbage still on the beaches are those totyotas - just jealous fellas as the boss won't let me upgrade from the Jackeroo. Hopefully will see you at the expo this year. Oh and the march flies have been bad the last few months all across the island - at one stage thought of using them for bait but the fish didn't like them.

whynott
11-02-2008, 06:35 PM
I have been asked by a couple of the powers of be to bump this into the lime-light again, so the public can see a positive side to 4wd's.
I could not attend this year as I was best man at a wedding.
Maybe someone that attended this great weekend this year could post a posting and some pics.
Graham.