PDA

View Full Version : Spick Lure - any info??

cammac
31-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Ive got this lure called a Spick made in France body hard plastic with metal centre bar for hooks about 2 inch long with metal bib and big moulded eyes.
Ive had this lure for a long time and LOL cant remember where i got it !?

TRied it in Mums pool the other day and had a great tight action think it was a slow sinker.

anyone any info on this brand any good is it a vintage lure?? still havent worked how to send photo yet!!:-[

CAM

McCod
31-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Not 100 % sure but it may be a member of the Rublex family.... the same mob that used to make the Floppy lures... but i thought they where called a Spicky?? If it is one of them then it could be worth around $50- $100 depending on condition and how badly someone wants one? Seen one that was still in a box go for around $73.00 on Ebay a while back.

Cheers Les

aussiebasser
31-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I think it was called a Spicky or Spicki or something like that. My sister brought one back from New Caledonia in about 1970ish. Was a good redfin lure, still in the shed somewhere I spose.

Hardb8
31-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi Cam,
The lure you speak of is called a (Spicky) and it is most definantly out of the Rublex stable.Very good in their day for Bass.And probably still are.I have posted a couple of pics of mine for ya,To confirm your lure.

There is also a pic of another lure by Rublex.It's called the (Plucky) This lure also has a reputation as a Bass catcher amongst the old school boys8-) .

Rublex lures were made in France.And they (Rublex) were also responsible for the legendary (Flopy).

Hope I've been of some help.

cammac
31-01-2007, 08:07 PM
thanks guys - my eyes must be going couldnt see the Y also got a 2 on it and an E on the other side with France.
Thanks hardb8 for the photos - yep thats the critta - can u still buy them new?

Hardb8
01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
No worries m8,
As mentioned above.You will find them from time to time on ebay,Both new and used.The price will vary,Depending on how much you,Or another party want it.I believe the price of these lures will only go up in the future,As they,And many others,Are becoming quite collectable.

rick k
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
someone from townsville or thereabouts was after some a while ago for jacks

I'm still looking for mine in the shed for him, but checking tonight his pm which I kept has disappeared. Mine were not collectors' items, replaced hooks, no box etc.

cammac
02-02-2007, 09:39 PM
SO not available new anymore is that correct??

Hardb8 you got Itto reels? can you Pm me info on them what they like??

BarraBandit
24-02-2008, 07:56 AM
No Cammac,

These lures are no longer in production... sadly.
I myself have been collecting some anad have quite a collection going. These lures are becoming a collectors item and some go for good money, i have a small collection of flopy's but i am now looking to buy some spicky's and plucky's.

If anyone has any for sale? Send me a PM and i WILL get back to you...

Great little lures from the past, i will buy them... really any old lures in good condish i will hopfuly buy if the price is right.

Signed,
BarraBandit.

Hardb8
26-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Bandit,
P.M. sent.;)

BarraBandit
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Bandit,
P.M. sent.;)

Thanks, PM Replied. :)