PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Charters, who's the go?

Fat Chilli
31-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi Ausfishers,

I know, I posted a similar thread asking for info on Innisfail Charters, but their is a total lack of hotel accommodation in Innisfail, due to construction workers booking the place out till June, rebuilding after Larry.
I will now be staying in Cairns (driving daily to Innisfail :-[ for work)

So now I ask: can anyone recommend from first hand experience, any of the (reasonable priced) Charter companies in Cairns, I will be working up that way for two weeks and over the weekend 10 & 11 Feb want to head out on a charter.

Cheers & Beers.

Devocean, previously recommended the Aquacat crew, anyone else been out with this Charter?

Synful
31-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi Ausfishers,

I know, I posted a similar thread asking for info on Innisfail Charters, but their is a total lack of hotel accommodation in Innisfail, due to construction workers booking the place out till June, rebuilding after Larry.
I will now be staying in Cairns (driving daily to Innisfail :-[ for work)

So now I ask: can anyone recommend from first hand experience, any of the (reasonable priced) Charter companies in Cairns, I will be working up that way for two weeks and over the weekend 10 & 11 Feb want to head out on a charter.

Cheers & Beers.

Devocean, previously recommended the Aquacat crew, anyone else been out with this Charter?

Hi FC,

Can't comment on the Aquacat guys, but have been out with Fishing The Tropics - no complaints. Their website is at www.fishingthetropics.com.au for a look at their pricing.

Bummer about the drive to work everyday; if you ever want to go for a land based fish here while you're in Cairns send me a PM.

GAD
31-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Gee FC ,
can't say that Ive been on a charter in years, but have heard good reports of a boat named Blackout thru a few mates, other than that there are quite a few charters around ,I think if you can get on www.fishingthetropics.com.au (http://www.fishingthetropics.com.au/) as Andrew said and then email them just stipulate what type of fishing you wish to do.
Greg

halfpace
31-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi FC,

Went on a fishing charter on the Daintree river last October. Used www.daintreefishing.com.au (http://www.daintreefishing.com.au) went on a personalised sole charter.
It's about an hour north of Cairns. Don't know if thats to far. We did catch some big jacks though. Going back in May and will be using the same guide again. This time going out on the reef weather permitting.

Good Luck Halfy

Fish Guts
31-01-2007, 09:25 PM
if ur going to be in Cairns, i can personally recommend Norseman Charters off Port Douglas. Boat is only 1.5 yrs old, and a 60ft monster. and they catch absolute bucket loads of fish. Port Douglas is one hour nth of Cairns. Daintree is another hour or so up from Port Douglas.

http://www.fishingportdouglas.com.au/mvnorseman.html

Oldsalt
31-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Gidday FC

I fished with Blackout Charters the monday before Melbourne Cup day, the other two people on the boat that day were a japanese honeymoon couple, he knew what he was doing and seemed to have half of the top range shimano factory stock with him. Besides that the day was absulutelty brilliant, I got smoked by a spaniard,I was using 50lb braid with the drag maxed out. Heaps of other fish and personal service by Kerry. Great boat 6.5 metre C.C platey very comfortable.

P.S As a result of the company I had on the charter I backed the two Jap horses in the cup paid for the day and a few coldies.. If you go with Blackout tell him you heard it from Tom at the Yungaburra Pub

Cheers Tom

Fat Chilli
01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys, appresciated.

I will also be doing some land based fishing with Synful, so my work related trip is sounding better all the time. Pity about the work part, but beggers can't be choosers...Now, does anyone know how I can write the charter costs of on tax or on the company credit card???? LOL.