PDA

View Full Version : SP bite offs

Kleyny
30-01-2007, 09:41 PM
sick of loosing the tails>:( :'(

so i went to the local tackle shop and they suggested buying these little hooks that have a loop of line on it that loops around the jig head and hook into the tail.
does anyone use these if so are they any good. (they are quite dear)
do the placcie still swim correctly.

by the way i use 3inch gulp minnows with 1/8 nitro jigheads.

HELP please

neil

fishphile
30-01-2007, 11:18 PM
You shouldn't need a stinger with the 3 inch gulps especially with the minnows as it is nearly always toadfish that take the tail, but if you want to add a stinger just make them up yourself mate. Small chemically sharpened treble with a bit of attaching line, copy the ones the blokes at the tackle shop showed you. Have used them to good effect on 5 - 6 inch plastics.

Cheers Dave

Aquarius
31-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Neil i think what they suggest may restrict the sp tail action some what.
You could try buying a packet of snapbacks.
They stretch for miles and will last longer.
Fish need some serious dentures to cut theses sp's.
Cheers Brent

fishphile
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Mate I used to go through a pack of gulps in two sessions! If you are chasing Bream and Flatties look into the Atomics in pumkinseed and spray them with a bit of aniseed. Have been using these since I first came across them and they account for plenty of fish. If I weren't addicted to buying different softies I would use them exclusively for B & F.
I just accept short strikes as small fish, Like getting a few bites on a prawn but coming up with nothing, The odds of fishing I guess.

Cheers Dave.

Kleyny
01-02-2007, 08:13 AM
thanks for the info guys where do i get atomics ive heard of them but never seen them. same goes for the snap backs

neil

Blackened
01-02-2007, 08:23 AM
G'day

Neil, last time i was in there, the tackle warehouse at coorparoo had the snapbacks. They will probably have the atomics aswell.

Dave