PDA

View Full Version : Capricorn vs Twin Power

Daintreeboy
30-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Hey all, it's been a while. Soon I'll post a heap of pics of some awesome fishing I've been doing but in the meantime here's a question.
It's too late now to change my mind as I've just bought a Shimano Twin Power 6000 FB, awesome looking reel and I'm sure it'll do the job well. I had previously been looking at a few other reels and one that I thought directly compared was the Daiwa Capricorn 4500J. Anyone prepared to comment on either? The Twin Power was a lot more money until I got it at a recent tackle sale that brought it down to a comparable level of the Capricorn but apart from that I'm interested to hear from you all. I know the Capricorn has a max drag of 9kg but Shimano do not provide this info on their reels outside the TIAGRA overhead range. I can compare bearings but that's about it I guess.
Cheers, Mark.

cammac
30-01-2007, 05:26 PM
The Capricorn outpointed the stradic in the tackletour test. so is the twinpower above or below the stradic? think its a newer reel than the stradic so should have better/newer technology?!!

Yourve bought a very good reel thats all that matters;) !

Cheech
31-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Cam, they are above the stradic.

Mark, I have a twin power for estuary, and have been thinking of getting a new big offshore spin reel. Was thinking of getting a 6500 baitrunner, but now you have got me thinking of a big twin power. I have not seen the big ones around. Is that 6000 fb suitable for offshore and say 30lb raid?

Cheech

Daintreeboy
06-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I have 30 lb bionic on mine. It looks the goods for tuna and light popper work. When I say light, if there are really big GT's around I'll pull out my Saltiga 6500 Expedition!! I reckon it only holds about 220 yards of 30 lb bionic so a bit mnore would have been good but it loads up nicely on the Tcurve deep Jig 200 rod I have for it.
I was extremely impressed with the new Berkley whiplash pro braid, boy is that thin. I reckon I could get well over 300 yards of 30 lb on the twinpower second spool.
Cheers, Mark.

GPB
27-02-2007, 09:26 PM
The Twin Power 6000 is rated to 15kg of drag. I'm in love with my 2500 and 4000 and now waiting for my 6000. The Twin Powers are the the smothest reels I have ever used and have a smooth drag, even beats the Sustain.