PDA

View Full Version : Allycraft

Steve A
30-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Just looking for some info or from people who have owned or had dealings with allycraft. I have just brought a new 540 bowrider and the wind screen wasn't fitted properly, so hense a nice little trickle of water made it's way into the back of my GPS / Sounder:( . So the boat went back to allycraft, that was two weeks ago, some sort of a back log, but thay have said I should get it back late in the week. Now if I was buying a new boat i would have had it last week, something to do with profit.:-/ Wounder what happened to customer service.

Marlin_Mike
30-01-2007, 05:03 AM
I have a 5.1mt Ally Craft reef Prince Centre Console.

3 years old, never a problem, cracked weld, nothoing. Cant fault the old girl. They are a great boat IMHO. As for the factory's service, I cant say as I have never had to deal woth them.

Mike

Kleyny
30-01-2007, 08:14 AM
my old man has a 13 foot v nose its around 4years old cannt fault it yet.
it does some bank finding every now and again

neil

Ally Jack
30-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I've had my 445 Allycraft sioux for 18 months now, can't fault it.

longtail
30-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi , i have a 480 challenger 1/4 cab. Have had to deal with the factory once due to a cracked weld (report coming soon) .

my personal opinion - i would never buy another allycraft. I was unimpressed with how they drag their feet when it comes to a warranty claim.

Jason.

gutzy
30-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Ive a second hand 4m ally , cant fault the little tinnies!!

haggis
30-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I have a new 410 scout . had some little problems with dealer
that I bought the boat from but with a little help from Ally Craft
we have no more problems .
cheers fae Haggis ..........

BilgeBoy
30-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Love me Alley 4.35...Have spoken to the factory a few times and they have always tried to be helpful. Ever had one of those weeks where you just can't please everyone!!! Maybe they are having one of those!!

BilgeBoy

dan099
30-01-2007, 09:46 PM
i had a 4.1 top ender and had it back for a repaint then a split bottom then broken ribs and was told not to take it in the bay as it was for smooth water only, never again>:(

Steve A
30-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for everyones input. This was my first major buy and so far I am happy with it, despite some minor lay out problems, but as they say you have to start some where and as Bilge Boy stated, maybe it's just one of those weeks.

Mark-P
31-01-2007, 06:22 PM
You all forgot to mention how wet they get. The bloke up the front that is HEHEHE !!!!
Mark

PS Go the Quinnies

mirage
31-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi Steve,

I bought a new Allycraft 540 Cuddy a couple of years ago. The windscreen leaked as well, into the cabin, through all the screw holes that was holding it on. When I complained to the dealer his response was "what do you expect from a $30K boat". My response was if I'd paid $30K for a new car I wouldn't expect it to leak, or my new boat. A bit of silicon fixed it up.

It also had to go back to the factory for the top of the engine transom to be cut off by about 2 inches so the motor could be lowered to the correct height. They did it under warranty and I had no other problems. It's not rocket science though and these things shouldn't happen.

Cheers, enjoy your boat.

Steve A
31-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Mirage' you wouldn't believe it but it's the same holes, good to see they haven't changed the design. Just out of interest how do you know if the motor is sitting at the right height.

bootyinblue
31-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Just remember guys.....

When dealing with boats, or anything for that matter there are some set criterias that a product has to comply with. 1) Must be fit for the purpose intended and 2) Must be of merchantible quality. If it doesnt satisfy either of these or a couple of others then there are avenues there for repair, replace or refund...... And that decision is the CONSUMERS and not the retailer, repairer or manufacturer!

Just let them know that you are pretty savvy with Sale of Goods Act and will not take a backwards step. They will fold pretty soon as they know or will soon know what their obligations are when selling a product.

scungey
01-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Boys,

Alleycraft are hand made just like all alloy boats therefore every boat has slightly different tollerances and measurements. Unlike yank glass boats which are popped out of mould like pancakes the old tinnie is a little different.

Steve, I'm sure Alleycraft will look after your problem. They probably outsource their windscreens????

I know 2 weeks seems a long time when your busting to get out on the water though.

mirage
01-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Steve,

There is a few good threads on here about motor heights where a lot of people know a lot more about the subject than me.

Basically my boat was one of the first they changed to 4mm bottoms and 3mm sides, I think they used to be 3mm bottoms. So basically the boat handled differently than their previous design. My prop kept cavitating all the time and boat would not track well. I complained to the dealer, they agreed with me but could not lower the motor any further than it was. Thus it was sent off to the factory to have a couple of inches cut off the top of the motor mounting transom, rewelded and repainted. Only took a few days. Problem was fixed OK but they should have seen this in the first place.

Cheers.