PDA

View Full Version : agnes aussie day

ballsie
29-01-2007, 10:10 PM
hey all aus fishers.
went to the bunker group off agnes for the w'end. fished with cruise craft boys. 625 outsider skipper brett. jammed packed w'end leaving bris at 3pm on thurs to get in at ten pm. left the ramp at 4am and fished for a day and a half before headin back to bris arriving home sat night at ten thirty.

started fishing shallows first up for a few red throat sweeties and the occasional trout, coronation and coral, but it was slow. so we moved to a few spots wider in 60m. bagged first legal red at 71cm and some nice trout. we fished wide most the first day and moved back to the shallows, up to 15m for the afternoon. action fired just on dark with the boat floor full of sweeties after two drifts. god they pull bloody hard.
slept the night in fitzroy reef lagoon.
woke 4am and fished 5o m marks, bagged two more legal reds, cobia, sweeties, maori cod blue and brown, trout and a couple of parrot. and of course the shark wasn't too far away either.
i fished a 15-24 live fibre with shimano torium 30 with forty pound mono, no leader.
great w'end away no swell and winds less than ten knots all the time.
now to get me a bigger boat.
ballsie.

ballsie
29-01-2007, 10:16 PM
a few picks too see. yep red for dinner last night maybe trout tomorrow lunch.

Stuie
30-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Love seeing those red fish. And the flat ocean.

Frank OO
30-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Great Stuff Ballsie,

Hope to up there in March

Frank OO

BLOOEY
30-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Some nice looking red fish there.Did a charter to the bunkers once for three days,also stayed in fitzroy reef and caught good sweetys off the back of the mother ship.Top spot will go back one day.

reef_king
31-01-2007, 06:58 AM
congrats on 1st red mate, gotta love em.

roz
31-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Good to see you got the weather and the fish, seems to be a rare double when I'm up there but at least I have the luxury of being able to stay there as long as I like.

Might just give Newby a nudge, his anchor is out near Fitzroy anyway.

Well done.

r.

snapperm8
31-01-2007, 02:55 PM
a great job there awsome bag of fish mate

cheers dave

Somethn_Fishy
03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
good job there,

how far out from Agnes is the bunker group??

ballsie
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
hey somethn fishy. bunkers are about sixty five ks out.

jtpython
03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
;D Can't go past them cruisecrafts specialy when they can get ya out to beauitful colour like ya's got. Congrates on the weather is a great area down there.